Pitching Collapses on Every Team I Join

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitching Collapses on Every Team I Join

My player is a 17th season veteran first baseman who has been eligible for free agency since his sixth year.
    I always choose to sign with teams with good pitching.
    However, once I join, the pitching just collapses to the worst in the league. This has happened with three different teams now.
    I always negotiate the lowest salary possible in the hope that the team does not have to unload its high salaried players to sign me.
    Is this some kind of glitch?
    Has anyone else experienced this?

My RTTS player that I play on Rookie, just for the fun of the arcade game type of stats, is in his 6th season with the Rockies. In his 2nd and 3rd year in the majors, Colorado traded away LeMahieu, Blackmon, Parra, Arenado, and almost all of their pitching (not that that is a bad thing). Trevor Story is the only one left from their 2016 roster. I'm trying to play through his 6th season as fast as I can so I can become a FA and play somewhere else. Because of what you've posted, I'll likely only sign a 1 or 2 year contract and just move from team to team and cherry pick.

Comment

Originally posted by USA-Rocinante View Post
      My player is a 17th season veteran first baseman who has been eligible for free agency since his sixth year.
      I always choose to sign with teams with good pitching.
      However, once I join, the pitching just collapses to the worst in the league. This has happened with three different teams now.
      I always negotiate the lowest salary possible in the hope that the team does not have to unload its high salaried players to sign me.
      Is this some kind of glitch?
      Has anyone else experienced this?
      I have experienced that, so I pretty much have to carry the team with my excellent hitting to get into the postseason.

Comment

Hate to necro-post, but this one frosted my cookies but good.

Okay, so my LF main is tearing it up with the Orioles, and Arizona is in town for a three-game set. Game 2 was an absolute stinker, and my toon was getting a lot of work in: F7, single to left, HR7, F7...crimonently, can these pitchers not get a K? Whassupwidat? Then, for Game 3, my toon handled 7 flyouts...against 3 K's for THE ENTIRE PITCHING STAFF. The D-backs only struck out three times, over 9 innings, and my left fielder had over twice as many putouts by himself. Now, maybe you can make that work in Chavez Ravine, but in CAMDEN (cuss word) YARDS?! Yes, the Orioles won the game, but "So what if we won ugly?" is a football quote.

Comment

Working...
        X