Stuck On Bench

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck On Bench

Hey guys, got a question regarding my RTTS career. First off, I apologize in advance if this has already been previously discussed. So with that said, I started a new RTTS career as a batter in MLB 16 after getting a little tired of my other RTTS career as a starting pitcher that I had continued from MLB 15. Anyhow, I got drafted by Boston in the first round 12th overal. I killed it in AA and made it to AAA within a month and a half's time. The trend then sort of continued at AAA. I wasn't killing it like in AA, but I was pretty cosistent. Anyhow, after about 2 months at AAA, I got called up to the the Red Sox to replace the injured Jackie Bradley Jr. in LF. I played every game at his position till I got injured myself mid season. I then returned from injury with only about two weeks left in the season. I spent those remaining games as a bench player, which I totally expected to happen.

Then the offseason rolled around and the Bosox offered me a 5 year contract as a bench player, which is not exactly what I wanted. However, I took the deal after a bit of negotiating figuring I could probably work my way up to the starting LF position after tweaking my player a bit and improving his stats. But I'm now on year 2 of 5 of my deal and I'm still stuck on the bench. I'm a 86 overal, and I've got killer speed and base stealing ability. My fielding is so so at around 60. My arm kinda sucks though at around 55, but I'm working on it. And what also sucks is now my main position which was LF is now converted to 2nd base after trying to get more playing time last season. So now I'm stuck defending 2nd base as a back-up to Pedroia. Which is not the main position I want to play. But that's not my main worry right now. What I'd like is to get off the darn bench and play every day. So my question is this. How do I get off the darn bench and become an everyday player..?

I'd request a trade

Comment

Personally, I think the RTTS mode promotes you way too fast. How many 18-20 yr old players zoom through AA and AAA to the Majors? And if you were called up for an injured player, you should go back down once they are back in the lineup. I'd rather spend an entire year in AA, and another in AAA before getting called up just so I can improve my ratings a little better across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by VonRye View Post
        Personally, I think the RTTS mode promotes you way too fast. How many 18-20 yr old players zoom through AA and AAA to the Majors? And if you were called up for an injured player, you should go back down once they are back in the lineup. I'd rather spend an entire year in AA, and another in AAA before getting called up just so I can improve my ratings a little better across the board.
        I think some of it depends on how you preform. Playing the game on the most difficult setting I've yet to be called up before doing a full 2 year period in the minors (although it looks like this year may be the first time as I might get a September call up in the end of my second year in the minors).....conversely if I play on easier modes I can usually get called up in 2 months.

Comment

What are your secondary positions? Change that than request to change your position. Bad arms get play in left and center.

Comment

question. if you play in the American league, how do you become a DH?

Comment

Obviously the game fast tracks you to the majors for entertainment purposes as most people don't want to play in the minors (the casual gamers). So typically most RTTS players will get called up to majors rather quickly.

To answer your question ajl7898 the best way to get playing time is to not skip training so that you can take advantage of every training point opportunity and level up your guy.

You will also want to take an extensive look at your teams and see where you are weakest at and at that point you can request a position change or request playing time whenever that option comes up.

​As far as becoming a DH sonicfast88 the only thing I noticed with that is you have to have a guy that has good to great hitting attributes and the team needs to have a better fielding player in front of you that can also hit for the most part. I don't have a large sample size for this but in my case I had a centerfielder by the name of Francis Money and was playing CF coming up through the Orioles system but was DHing majority of the time in Triple-A which translated to DHing upon my call up to the majors with Adam Jones starting in CF. On occasion (mainly games in NL parks) Jones got moved to LF and I played CF but for the most part on this team I DH'd while Jones played CF.

Comment

Build up you're defense.If rtts players focus to much on offense and do not add attributes on defense you will be benched because the game sees it as a defensive liability.Also in the message section with the manager there should be an option question to request more playing time but the big thing here in you're situation is build your defensive attributes up.

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post
                  Obviously the game fast tracks you to the majors for entertainment purposes as most people don't want to play in the minors (the casual gamers). So typically most RTTS players will get called up to majors rather quickly.

To answer your question ajl7898 the best way to get playing time is to not skip training so that you can take advantage of every training point opportunity and level up your guy.

You will also want to take an extensive look at your teams and see where you are weakest at and at that point you can request a position change or request playing time whenever that option comes up.

​As far as becoming a DH sonicfast88 the only thing I noticed with that is you have to have a guy that has good to great hitting attributes and the team needs to have a better fielding player in front of you that can also hit for the most part. I don't have a large sample size for this but in my case I had a centerfielder by the name of Francis Money and was playing CF coming up through the Orioles system but was DHing majority of the time in Triple-A which translated to DHing upon my call up to the majors with Adam Jones starting in CF. On occasion (mainly games in NL parks) Jones got moved to LF and I played CF but for the most part on this team I DH'd while Jones played CF.
                  This isnt necessarily true. Ive had both position players and pitcher go both ways. Some i used stubs for to see how fast i could get to pros. For instance my lastest, CP i made the show in 2 months of closing but cause i was rocking double xp and threw a ton of stubs into him. On the other hand i have do players and not dumped any stubs in and spent years in the minors before being called up cause i didnt rock double xp or stubs. But yes from my xperience as a position player if one side is lacking (defense) youll ride the bench in nl or in my case once be a dh in al.

Comment

Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post

This isnt necessarily true. Ive had both position players and pitcher go both ways. Some i used stubs for to see how fast i could get to pros. For instance my lastest, CP i made the show in 2 months of closing but cause i was rocking double xp and threw a ton of stubs into him. On the other hand i have do players and not dumped any stubs in and spent years in the minors before being called up cause i didnt rock double xp or stubs. But yes from my xperience as a position player if one side is lacking (defense) youll ride the bench in nl or in my case once be a dh in al.

thats exactly what I said in my post. You need to build your player up and take advantage of every training point opportunity. I have guys where I got the 2x training points boost for but for Francis Money the only thing I did was play well and get tons of training points just from playing well and never skipped or simmed sessions. Just finally started playing the save file again this weekend and despite not being eligible for MVP from the looks of it I'm still raking and sit at 66 hr and 143 rbi with an average above .580 and a 37 game hitting streak. I'm thinking of messing with the difficulty, hitting setting and/or sliders for next season because I'd prefer to have a more realistic experience but all these multi-homer games and 4 for 4, 5 for 5 and even 6 for 6 days are making that kind of difficult because in the moment I'm loving it and having fun but don't really like posting it because of mainly that .580+ average. Not to mention I flew by the likes of Donaldson and Trout stats wise with 2 less months of playing time at the MLB level... This guy might be too OP if I did the 2x training points boost.

Comment

Is Jackie Bradley playing well? Because if he's playing good, the team won't remove him from the starting lineup until there's some significant decline in his production. You're just gonna have to switch positions for a while in order to build up your player if you want to become an everyday player. That's how it is in real life. I was drafted in the first round by the Twins as a 2B...the Twins have a solid 2B in Brian Dozier so I switched over to SS. About a season and a half into my major league career, Dozier was traded away so I switched back to my original position at 2B. The following season I made my first all-star game as a starter at 2B and I won my first golden glove award that same season too! Just hang in there and keep grinding it out....OR you can ask to be traded away if you feel like you're rotting away on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                      X