Thinking of Making a Pitcher in MLB 16 RTTS... I Need Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of Making a Pitcher in MLB 16 RTTS... I Need Advice

I'm planning to play MLB 16 (or should I wait until MLB 17, what do y'all think?) for the first time in a while, and I'm thinking of making a pitcher, something I have not done before. I'm thinking of doing Billy Chapel from the movie "For the Love of the Game."

I need your best advice on this. How do I be a successful (Hall of Fame successful) pitcher? What should I focus on in terms of skills and stats? Also, how to I get the team I want to be in (the Detroit Tigers, in this case), do well and not get traded? Should my player go to college and get drafted?

Any of your best tips are greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by The_DoctorsWife; 02-20-2017, 09:09 PM.

Originally posted by The_DoctorsWife View Post
    I'm planning to play MLB 16 (or should I wait until MLB 17, what do y'all think?) for the first time in a while, and I'm thinking of making a pitcher, something I have not done before. I'm thinking of doing Billy Chapel from the movie "For the Love of the Game."

I need your best advice on this. How do I be a successful (Hall of Fame successful) pitcher? What should I focus on in terms of skills and stats? Also, how to I get the team I want to be in (the Detroit Tigers, in this case), do well and not get traded? Should my player go to college and get drafted?

Any of your best tips are greatly appreciated!

I made Rick Vaughn and Ed Harris and best advice I can give you if you want to stay true to the movie is do as good as you can with the likeness. Should be a little easier in 17 as opposed to 16 or prior Show releases, as I made both Vaughn and Harris in 14... really didn't use them much in 16, but will definitely get some time in with both in 17. I was able to get both on the Indians as if the option is still there after the Showcase you can enter the draft or select team. When you select team the game will still go to the draft but the team you pick will draft you, and the game will start in the round that they draft you in. Now if you want to stay on the Tigers thats going to be a little trickier as this will require you to always have 2 save files that way in the event of a trade you can always go back to the previous save file... in most cases I don't have an issue with keeping these guys on the Indians as both are the ace of their respective staffs and I believe Vaughn is a 99. If you can get Chapel's attributes up quick enough and get him called up quick enough then he should be able to remain with the Tigers

Comment

I suggest starting with FB/CC/SL. If playing in dynamic mode I would definitely Max out velocity to start because AA hitters will not be able to catch up to that type of heat enabling you to dominate and build up points quickly. I would continue to use a three pitch arsenal and build up those pitches (velocity, control, break) with the vast majority of your points mixing in K/9, BB/9 etc. for a substantial period. I personally would not recommend adding a forth pitch until season 3 trust me you will not need one due to the domination those three pitches will bring to each and every game. I went this route in dynamic mode joining the big league club for a full time gig in season 1 (August) never relinquishing my starting spot. I won the CY and MVP in season 2 playing in dynamic mode switching to Legend mode once the dynamic mode change over from legend to rookie took place. I added a forth pitch in season 3 (CB) and just started playing again after a 4 month hiatus from RTTS.

Comment

Working...
      X