Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Integrity of Road to the Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Integrity of Road to the Show

    I have been playing RTTS for a couple of years. The playoff programming is absurd. It doesn't matter what you do, the chances of winning the World Series are very low.

    You can be up 3 to 1 in the ALCS for example and even though you are ahead by 7 to 1 in the 6th inning, you can be sure the other team will score 3 and 4 runs in the next few innings. This has happened to me with player after player, year after year. My players have never won the WS until they are over 36. You can concentrate really hard and hit a three run shot giving you the lead ... but what does it matter if the system is automatically programmed to have it disintegrate where C70 players with no power suddenly hit home runs? I was hitting .456 with 10 home runs and 32 RBIs ... my 3rd ranked (overall) team still lost to the 19th ranked team.

    This has happened to me over and over and I started looking at the decisions made by Manager (computer). Today I noticed that a D61 reliever -- D freaking 61 -- was put in instead of several on the bench who were 82 plus. The same things happen with the rotation -- important games are started by improbable choices. Another issue is errors. My players at their primes have 99 ratings in every category except bunting (I save those points for later). Yet in critical games easy throws to second base (which I've done thousands of times in games and practice) are suddenly offline and result in errors and runs.

    It's getting really old. You spend a lot of time building the player through practice and game play. I research what look like good teams to go to (a strong rotation and good hitters) ... but as soon as you sign, they trade most of the pitchers away. I thought okay, I will experiment by signing for less so rather than taking the $31 million offered, I've gone anywhere from $18 to $25 million. It makes no difference -- either the good hitters or pitchers are gone.

    My point in posting this? I hope they are going to fix it for 17. It shouldn't be easy to win the WS -- it also shouldn't be nearly impossible. And what is even more annoying is that if you sim through the playoffs, YOU WIN. But if you actually play, hit well and make no errors, you LOSE. Bizarre.
    Last edited by pr72rocket; 02-21-2017, 01:45 PM.

  • #2
    I agree with most of what you say in the OP, but I have won a World Series in my first season. Most of the time though, it is exactly as you describe it. Another bug bear when it comes to failing performances of teams, is when you join a team with an awesome an pitching rotation, and the team ERA seems to explode and those great pitchers aren't that great anymore. So I don't think that sort of discrepancy is the sole domain of the playoffs and the World Series, but some sort of code error in the games that they need to address. I know your frustration and I've felt it too!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by xxfireflyxx69 View Post
      I agree with most of what you say in the OP, but I have won a World Series in my first season. Most of the time though, it is exactly as you describe it. Another bug bear when it comes to failing performances of teams, is when you join a team with an awesome an pitching rotation, and the team ERA seems to explode and those great pitchers aren't that great anymore. So I don't think that sort of discrepancy is the sole domain of the playoffs and the World Series, but some sort of code error in the games that they need to address. I know your frustration and I've felt it too!
      Thanks for that additional info -- I will watch for it during the regular season on my next contract. What I have noticed is that they will trade good pitchers away -- even if they are signed at reasonable amounts. I don't know what the point is in looking for a good team with players signed for several years (which "seems" like the smart thing to do) if they just dismantle it. I have had some success signing with teams that have a lot of young guys with contact but they are few and far between.

      And that is cool that you won in your first year. That almost happened to me with one of my players but again, those C70 players on the other side suddenly became MVPs.

      What is so frustrating is that there doesn't seem to be any way around the issues. When I first started playing, I would sign for 7 to 10 years at $31 million and realized it ate up a lot of the budget. But giving up $10 million of that doesn't do anything either. I've also tried signing 4 or 5 year contracts -- same result. Anyway, thanks for your input.
      Last edited by pr72rocket; 02-21-2017, 02:56 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pr72rocket View Post
        I have been playing RTTS for a couple of years. The playoff programming is absurd. It doesn't matter what you do, the chances of winning the World Series are very low.

        You can be up 3 to 1 in the ALCS for example and even though you are ahead by 7 to 1 in the 6th inning, you can be sure the other team will score 3 and 4 runs in the next few innings. This has happened to me with player after player, year after year. My players have never won the WS until they are over 36. You can concentrate really hard and hit a three run shot giving you the lead ... but what does it matter if the system is automatically programmed to have it disintegrate where C70 players with no power suddenly hit home runs? I was hitting .456 with 10 home runs and 32 RBIs ... my 3rd ranked (overall) team still lost to the 19th ranked team.

        This has happened to me over and over and I started looking at the decisions made by Manager (computer). Today I noticed that a D61 reliever -- D freaking 61 -- was put in instead of several on the bench who were 82 plus. The same things happen with the rotation -- important games are started by improbable choices. Another issue is errors. My players at their primes have 99 ratings in every category except bunting (I save those points for later). Yet in critical games easy throws to second base (which I've done thousands of times in games and practice) are suddenly offline and result in errors and runs.

        It's getting really old. You spend a lot of time building the player through practice and game play. I research what look like good teams to go to (a strong rotation and good hitters) ... but as soon as you sign, they trade most of the pitchers away. I thought okay, I will experiment by signing for less so rather than taking the $31 million offered, I've gone anywhere from $18 to $25 million. It makes no difference -- either the good hitters or pitchers are gone.

        My point in posting this? I hope they are going to fix it for 17. It shouldn't be easy to win the WS -- it also shouldn't be nearly impossible. And what is even more annoying is that if you sim through the playoffs, YOU WIN. But if you actually play, hit well and make no errors, you LOSE. Bizarre.

        Definitely not the case as I've won the World Series in Rick Vaughn's first 3 years with Indians, obviously this required the Indians winning the simmed games that you speak of. Obviously being a hitter you have less control over the outcome as you would with a pitcher especially if this pitcher is striking out 300+ batters every season which limits defensive mistakes and like you said the team still has to perform in those simmed games. I would suggest looking at your sliders and seeing if they have any bearing on simmed games. Good luck man and I hope to hear that you were able to win a ring.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by romeischillin View Post


          Definitely not the case as I've won the World Series in Rick Vaughn's first 3 years with Indians, obviously this required the Indians winning the simmed games that you speak of. Obviously being a hitter you have less control over the outcome as you would with a pitcher especially if this pitcher is striking out 300+ batters every season which limits defensive mistakes and like you said the team still has to perform in those simmed games. I would suggest looking at your sliders and seeing if they have any bearing on simmed games. Good luck man and I hope to hear that you were able to win a ring.
          I've won the WS a number of times over many different created players but I've never won until the player is over 36. About simming games, I agree -- if you sim your team will almost always win. But I play every playoff game as that's the point for me -- trying to play well when it counts. It's when you play that all of those bizarre things I listed above happen.

          After I wrote this yesterday, I was playing in the ALCS -- the opponent scored 9 runs in the 8th ... and we lost. It's ridiculous. Anyway, thanks for your input and enjoy the game and upcoming season.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pr72rocket View Post

            I've won the WS a number of times over many different created players but I've never won until the player is over 36. About simming games, I agree -- if you sim your team will almost always win. But I play every playoff game as that's the point for me -- trying to play well when it counts. It's when you play that all of those bizarre things I listed above happen.

            After I wrote this yesterday, I was playing in the ALCS -- the opponent scored 9 runs in the 8th ... and we lost. It's ridiculous. Anyway, thanks for your input and enjoy the game and upcoming season.

            I was actually agreeing with you as I stated I was using a pitcher which aside from hitting gives you the most control in the game since depending on how lights out you are you can literally shutdown the opposition then in games where you don't pitch you have more simmed games that are out of your control but for the most part if you are on the right team you can pretty much dominate. Obviously being a fielder/hitter more things from game to game are out of your control in terms of how a pitcher is pitching or how other guys on the team are hitting/fielding. Like I said only thing you can do is look at different sliders and adjust to your liking.

            Comment


            • #7
              I know in at least last year's game it would jump levels without telling you. Go from All Star to Hall of Fame, etc. with no notice. Also, every time I have had trouble (in any mode) and maybe thought the game was rigged or something, it just turned out that I wasn't good enough yet.

              Comment

              Working...
              X