Keep Getting Stranded on Base, Flying Out to Right Field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Getting Stranded on Base, Flying Out to Right Field

Playing RTTS with the Boston Red Sox (got traded to their team). When I get a base hit, most of the time with two outs, I'll get stranded on base when, 75% of the time, the next batter (usually Travis Shaw) pops up, lines out, or strikes out. Is there a particular reason why this keeps happening?

Another issue I have: I often fly out to right field. Is there some way I can improve when it comes to seeing the ball (figuring out where in the strike zone the pitcher is going to throw it) and timing my swing?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by The_DoctorsWife; 03-10-2017, 09:01 AM.

nope that happens a lot.the one year i was on base nearly 300 times(214 hits 61 walks,( plus FC and E? that dont get tracked) only had 74 runs scored.sometimes they hit good behind you sometimes they dont.as for seeing ball and timing,most ppl use stike zone or fish eye view for hitting,they give the best -to see the pitch coming in.that and practice,it sounds simple,but the more you play the more you ll learn about pitching strategy(the AI sucks at it btw) to anticipate what might be coming and the more pitches you see the more used to how they come in and will improve your timing. its a guessing game but remember the very best players only succeed 30 -35% of the time.

Comment

Hitting .750 sounds like a realistic batting average.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
        Hitting .750 sounds like a realistic batting average.

thats actually the amount of times he said he gets stranded on base as the batter hitting behind him, usually Travis Shaw, can't seem to drive him in.

Comment

If you really want the guy behind you to hit better, you can adjust the cpu timing and contact sliders. It takes a little bit of the realism out of the game, but you won't be stranded as much.

Comment

Working...
          X