I Have an Idea.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have an Idea.

With Mlb the Show 17 around the corner, I've been planning to make a pitcher when it comes out. I don't have any experience pitching in RTTS mode, so I'm thinking of creating a pitcher in Mlb 16, training him up with stubs, and getting a feel for RTTS pitching. What do y'all think?

I believe I read on some other forum that due to the changes coming to RTTS someone in your situation would actually be wiser starting over in 17.That's not to say you couldn't get a feel for things before the game came out.

Comment

The pitching mechanics don't really change much year to year. If you're just starting out as a pitcher, the classic meter is probably the way to go.

Comment

I say play 16 and continue in 17 but also make an entirely new pitcher or recreate the pitcher you create in 16 and start fresh in 17 as well. I think the only difference will be that you will miss out on the pre-draft stuff since you are continuing from 16 so starting a new one in 17 as well will allow you to also experience that.

Comment

Here's what you can do...

Start a career in 16 as a pitcher. Pick the team you want to play for and save it before your first game.

Then turn off auto save. After your first game save a NEW file and ignore the start of season file. Buy a bunch of stubs (per order 17 on PSN and get 11,000 free) and buy the 2x player bonus. That gives you WAAAAAAY more than 1000 if you have a few good games. Build your player up and get used to pitching. Make the majors with the team you want to play for and upload to the cloud.

Why did you save a file and not play on it? In 17 you cannot pick your own team. You have to be drafted. This way you can start playing RTTS and only miss the Prospect and Draft cutscenes which you have seen on streams. Now you can start from the beginning BUT on the team you want.

As for the second file? You can also play RTTS with a built up character in the majors if you want. You're choice.

Comment

This is what doctors' wives do with their time? Sure, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
              This is what doctors' wives do with their time? Sure, go for it.
              I think it is a Doctor Who reference.

Comment

Yeah pitching is the same as it is when pitching in Diamond Dynasty, Franchise or a regular game. It's more so about seeing what pitches work for you. I personally would suggest starting from scratch in 17 as well as continuing your guy from 16 so you don't miss out on the beginning experience

Comment

Working...
                X