Can't Ever Win the Home Run Derby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Ever Win the Home Run Derby

I got into the All-Star Game and the Home Run Derby in RTTS. I did the same a couple of seasons back, but I lost the Home Run Derby both times. The Derby seems really flawed to me. It's annoying that you have to watch everyone hit before you (even with fast-forwarding it still takes forever), and the pitcher takes his time to wind up and pitch. Each time I got into the Derby, I'll make it to the semifinals, but I'll get eliminated by a guy that gets a giant amount of home runs. I really wish they make this thing better in MLB 17, and if they don't, I'll just skip it from now on. Unless, of course, there is a way to actually win?

I won the HR Derby... just have to get in a groove just like IRL. Once you get the timing down its bombs away. You should be able to go to pause menu if I'm not mistaken and skip ahead to your at-bats which would sim the CPU's results... I didn't notice any real difference when I did it that way but yeah if you can get your timing down you should win the HR Derby with no problem.

Comment

Thanks.... I'll have to remember to save the game before I start the derby so I can try multiple times and get the hang of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_DoctorsWife View Post
        Thanks.... I'll have to remember to save the game before I start the derby so I can try multiple times and get the hang of it.

By the way, you can fast forward to "next user batter." You do not have to watch any of the other players.

Comment

I've found that when you sim to next batter, the CPU usually only hits like 7-8 in a round but if you sit and watch them, they'll go for 17-20 nearly every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy_Duhz_It_ View Post
            I've found that when you sim to next batter, the CPU usually only hits like 7-8 in a round but if you sit and watch them, they'll go for 17-20 nearly every time.

varies by batter. I've had guys hit 17-20 simming to next better or next user atbat as well. It just depends on that particular sim.

Comment

The guy that beat me in the semifinals (Oswaldo Arcia, I believe) hit 23 home runs, I could only get 17. (It's funny, Oswaldo was with Tampa Bay in my RTTS playthrough, and Tampa Bay beat my guy's team, the Red Sox in the postseason).

Comment

Working...
              X