Ball halo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball halo

Why is it so hard to get a straight answer on this. Can the ball halo be turned off when playing defense on rtts?

what's a ball halo?

Comment

heard it can

Comment

The red circle around the baseball you see when playing defense.

Comment

There is no special option to toggle the ball halo On/Off in The Show 17.

Comment

What? That's crazy! Why would they remove that option? MLB 14 had it.

Comment

It takes away from the realism of the game

Comment

This needs to be patched.

Even though it was an option in previous versions of the Show, and despite a lot of complaints, it was never patched in 16, but I had high hopes the option would return for 17.
                I'm just bemused that yet again we don't have the option in 17 to turn off the halo.
                And to make matters worse, the halo is even more prominent than it was in 16.

Please give us back the option to turn off this immersion destroying ridiculous halo.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not something that will be altered for The Show 17. It was discussed last year and again this year, but the design decision was to leave it as-is. The amount of users that adjusted the option in previous years was very small.

Comment

Unfortunately? Dude you don't give a ****... "oh, new ball physics, ohhhh 1000 more animations, ohhhh a million details newly included"... But let's leave a ****ing retarded red circle around the ball so it looks like you're playing some dumb sci-fi game.... That design decision was retarded and don't come at me with that bull**** about y'all knowing who plays with the halo or who doesn't. You don't know ****. You ruined the game for a bunch of people over a minor option that could've been included in the game.

Comment

Oh and that pave your way thing is stupid. Making it a documentary smh. Who comes up with these ideas? ****ing geniuses

Comment

I guess that's what happens when is up to a bunch of nerds that have never played sports to design a game. They come up with Unrealistic nonsense

Comment

Adam, please, that is a pretty poor response to a legitimate complaint that's been doing the rounds for two years now.

So you're telling me a decision was made to REMOVE an option that was available in previous versions for no real reason?
                          And like has already been mentioned, you don't actually know who plays with or without the ball halo.

So let's alienate a bunch of players by forcing them to watch a massive red halo and direction arrow when fielding in RTTS.
                          This is a sim for Christ's sake, a SIM! It completely destroys the immersion, which is the whole point of RTTS.

Can you imagine playing Madden with a big red halo around the ball? If you suggested that idea you'd be laughed out of the meeting.
                          By all means let players have it if they want, but PLEASE cater for those who don't want it.

I honestly don't understand the thought process behind this decision, at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X