Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the 2nd Pick in the 6th Round, the Cincinatti Reds select...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the 2nd Pick in the 6th Round, the Cincinatti Reds select...

SP Bengie Currie (RHP) #30
    18-years-old
    6'4" 186lbs

Repertoire:
    4SFB (93 MPH)
    CH (81 MPH)
    CB (74 MPH)

Bowman Showcase:
    West Prospect

1st Start
    3IP, 2H, 0R, 0BB, 0K

2nd Start
    3IP, 6H, 3R, 1BB, 1K

April 11, 2016
    First AA Start

Pensacola Blue Wahoos (4-0) vs Mississippi Braves (0-4)

Bengie Currie was a late round selection by the Cincinatti Reds, making his future with the organization unknown. He is going to need to put up numbers fast if he is going to want to be a professional. He makes his first start today against the Mississippi Braves. The Blue Wahoos have won their first four games of the season. Currie will try to make it five.

Currie struck out the first batter he faced and continued to dominate Braves batters. He changed speeds and located nearly to perfection. He threw 105 pitches and pitched well into the eighth inning before finally running out of gas. He picked up his first AA win and was named player of the game in Pensacola's 3-1 win.

7.2 IP, 4H, 1R, 1ER, 1BB, 10K, 1.17ERA

Comment

April 16, 2016

Pensacola Blue Wahoos (8-2) vs Jacksonville Suns (4-6)

It was an up-and-down outing for Bengie Currie in his second professional start. The game started out with an inside-the-park home run for Jacksonville's Casto. The next batter, Brown, reached on an infield single to second base. Brown tagged and scored from second base on a fly ball to the center-field wall. Currie settled in after that using two strikeouts to end the first inning.

Currie retired the side with two more strikeouts in the second inning and only allowed a walk in the third.

The fourth inning started with three straight hits for the Suns bringing in a run, and a wild pitch brought in a second run. Currie was able to settle in again and strand a runner on third base with nobody out.

Currie allowed one hit and struck out two batters in the fifth inning, but his pitch count reached 100 at that point and was pulled from the game.

Currie pitched 5 inning, gave up 4 runs on 7 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 7 batters and was charged with the loss.

Season Stats:
      1-1, 12.2 IP, 17 K, 3.55 ERA, 1.03 WHIP

Comment

April 21, 2016

Pensacola Blue Wahoos (9-6) @ Bilo Schuckers (11-4)

Bengie Currie was blown up by the Biloxi Shuckers to start his third professional outing. The Shuckers scored three runs on five hits in the first inning, and another run on two hits and a walk in the second inning to take a 4-0 lead. Currie threw 57 pitches in the first two innings and things were looking bleak for the Pensacola Blue Wahoos who dropped the sixth of their last seven games after starting the season 8-0.

Currie was able to get into a bit a groove however and got himself through five innings of work. It only took him 33 pitches to get through the third, fourth and fifth inning, allowing three hits. He left the game after retiring the side on eight pitches in the fifth and allowed his team an attempt at a comeback in their 4-3 defeat.

Game Stats:
        L, 5 IP, 10 H, 4 R, 1 BB, 6 K

Season Stats:
        1-2, 17.2 IP, 23 K, 4.58 ERA, 1.36 WHIP

Comment

April 26, 2016

Pensacola Blue Wahoos (11-9) vs Jacksonville Generals (10-10)

Bengie Currie looked like an ace in his fourth start.

He gave up two hits in 6.1 innings. The first hit came with two outs in the fifth inning. The second hit came on his only bad pitch of the ball game. Currie left a fastball right down the middle of the plate and it was ripped into the right-center field gap for a triple. Currie was promptly pulled in the 1-0 ball game. That runner scored and the Jacksonville Generals beat the Pensacola Blue Wahoos 2-1.

Game Stats:
          ND, 6.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 5 K

Season Stats:
          1-2, 24 IP, 23 H, 5 BB, 28 K, 3.75 ERA, 1.50 WHIP

Comment

May 2, 2016

Pensacola Blue Wahoos (14-11) at Birmingham Barons (15-10)

Bengie Currie was beat single-handedly by the Birmingham Baron's Pedro Sanchez today. Sanchez went 2-for-4 with an RBI triple and a two-run home run and the Barons beat the Blue Wahoos 3-2.

Currie pitched 6 innings and allowed 3 runs on 8 hits and struck out 5 batters.

Season Stats:
            1-3, 30 IP, 33 K, 3.90 ERA, 1.20 WHIP

Comment

Game Stats:
              6 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 8 K

Season Stats:
              6 GP, 1-3, 4 QS, 3.50 ERA, 36 IP, 38 H, 41 K, 6 BB, 1.22 WHIP, .270 BA

Bengie Currie pitched great today against the Biloxi Shuckers, but the Pensacola Blue Wahoos dropped the final game of the 5-game series 3-1.

Currie gave up one-run in the first inning. He walked Marco Marte with 2-outs and nobody on base. Back-to-back singles score the two out walk.

Currie gave up 6 of his 7 hits in the first two innings.

Comment

May 13, 2016

Game Stats:
                1 IP, 0 H, 2 K

It looks like Bengie Currie has been moved to the bullpen after posting 4 quality starts in his first 6 outings.

Currie entered the 7th inning of a one-run ball game in Chattanooga. Currie did his job, retiring all three batters he faced, but reportedly left the ballpark unhappy after discussing his role with his manager.

Comment

^^^ Love that last report. That has to be disheartening at this stage. It's not like your man has pitched that badly, except for a a couple of poor innings. Do you think he will cut his, and other players jerseys up before the next game?

Btw, what settings are you playing on?
                  Last edited by xxfireflyxx69; 07-24-2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpAndGold89 View Post
                    May 13, 2016

Game Stats:
                    1 IP, 0 H, 2 K

It looks like Bengie Currie has been moved to the bullpen after posting 4 quality starts in his first 6 outings.

Currie entered the 7th inning of a one-run ball game in Chattanooga. Currie did his job, retiring all three batters he faced, but reportedly left the ballpark unhappy after discussing his role with his manager.

LOL... this happened to me last year with Jhonny Bueno... I was pitching lights out 4-0 record I believe and an ERA under 2 at the least and I'm pretty sure I was leading the league in strikeouts then something happened (maybe a trade) and I highlighted my game and clicked play next appearance on the calender, the game then simmed past that date and I was coming out of the bullpen the next day like WTF... I requested a "position change" so I could start again but manager said no, I then "requested trade" after that didn't work and they couldn't find a team for me... then suddenly I get called up to the MLB team and I'm in the starting rotation... I need to get back to playing that file but yeah I chalked it up the organization wanting to see if I would make a better starter or reliever... I'm thinking next year they should do it like that... have you start one game in showcase and come out of the bullpen in the other and let the team that drafts you decide if you should be a starter, reliever or closer

Comment

Ya the move to the bullpen is definitely disheartening, but I'm just going to continue to try and get guys out.

I'm trying to rationalize the move. I'm assuming the biggest reason for the move is that after winning my first start, the team has lost each of my next five starts. Now, my team has only scored 4 runs in my last 3 starts, so whos fault is that. I also give up a lot of hits (.270 baa, 1.22 whip). But overall, I feel like I've exceeded expectations. My ERA is dropping (3.50) and my K/BB ratio is pretty incredible (41/6). If the game placed a bigger emphasis on quality starts I feel like this move would not have happened.

Thanks for the posts.

Comment

Oh and as far as settings. I'm using pulse pitching and dynamic difficulty. The difficulty has been at All Star Plus this whole season. I've had the pitching difficulty reach legend in the past with major league pitching.

Comment

May 15, 2016

Bengie Currie entered the start of the sixth inning with his team up 2-0 against the Mississippi Braves It was revealed in his stat line that right-handed batters are hitting .288 against Currie.

Currie gave up one run and two hits in two innings, and the Blue Wahoos went on to win 5-2.

Season Stats:
                          8 GP, 1-3, 4 QS, 3.46 ERA, 39 IP, 40 H, 44 K, 7 BB, 1.21 WHIP, .265 BAA

Comment

May 18, 2016

Bengie Currie started the top of the ninth inning in a 4-4 game against the Mississippi Braves.

Currie gave up a hit and a walk but got a double-play ball to end the ninth, and the Blue Wahoos won the game in the bottom of the inning. Currie got the win.

Season Stats:
                            9 GP, 2-3, 4 QS, 3.38 ERA, 40 IP, 41 H, 44 K, 8 BB, 1.23 WHIP, .266 BAA

Comment

May 19, 2016

Bengie Currie entered the bottom of the tenth inning of a tie game against the Jacksonville Suns.

Currie pitched two innings. He gave up one hit and struck out three batters, but the Blue Wahoos went on to lose 3-2 in 13 innings.

The Blue Wahoos are two games ahead of the Suns in the Southern League South standings with a 25-16 record after the loss.

Season Stats:
                              10 GP, 2-3, 4 QS, 3.21 ERA, 42 IP, 42 H, 47 K, 8 BB, 1.10 WHIP, .259 BAA

Comment

Working...
                              X