Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I platinumed MLB 13: The Show

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I platinumed MLB 13: The Show

    I platinumed MLB 13: The Show last Monday. Let me know if any of you need any tips about any of the trophies in this game.

    Here's a video of me platinuming this game:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP6ikXXLDY4

    Last edited by HITTERSAURUS-REX; 04-05-2013, 03:15 PM. Reason: Direct Video Place :)

  • #2
    I'm not really concerned about trophy's I usually get 90 percent by just playing, But I was trying to get that 1-2-3 Double play trophy, as well as the Strike'em out & throw'emm out.. Those two are going be My own personal Hamilwho? trophy. But I will probably just give up on them, like I said not really a trophy hunter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jhack9 View Post
      I'm not really concerned about trophy's I usually get 90 percent by just playing, But I was trying to get that 1-2-3 Double play trophy, as well as the Strike'em out & throw'emm out.. Those two are going be My own personal Hamilwho? trophy. But I will probably just give up on them, like I said not really a trophy hunter.
      The 1-2-3 double is easy but it may take many tries. Just start a game as the home team and intentionally walk the bases loaded. If the batter doesn't ground out to the pitcher and induce a 1-2-3 double play then just restart the game. Rinse and repeat.

      Strike 'em out is easy if you adjust attributes and sliders. Make your catchers arm strength and throwing accuracy the max (do this on the human sliders too) and make your pitchers fastball speed the max. Decrease the CPU contact and power all the way so you'll get more swings and misses (more strike outs). Then make the player on the other team who will be trying to steal second 80 for baserunning ability and 80 for speed and make the baserunning aggressiveness the max (do this for the CPU sliders too). Play a game as the home team and intentionally walk the first batter (the one you modified) and try to get a strike 'em out throw 'em out. If it doesn't happen then just restart. The baserunner will be good at stealing bases because you adjusted things but he will steal often so you will have many tries.

      Comment


      • #4
        They should just sell the trophies as DLC for those people who are going to go through all that trouble to manipulate the sliders and game situations for a trophy; rather than just enjoy the game for what it is- a baseball game.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AchtungBaby05 View Post
          They should just sell the trophies as DLC for those people who are going to go through all that trouble to manipulate the sliders and game situations for a trophy; rather than just enjoy the game for what it is- a baseball game.
          If you play the game normally you will find that many of the trophies will unlock when you not even trying. I believe I need only about 6 more to reach platinum. If it happens then it happens if it doesn't then I guess I fall short. another year.. LOL


          Ooops I forgot.. Congratulations to the Thread Author..

          Step Off your On-Deck Circle & Step Into Our Batter's Box

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HITTERSAURUS-REX View Post
            If you play the game normally you will find that many of the trophies will unlock when you not even trying. I believe I need only about 6 more to reach platinum. If it happens then it happens if it doesn't then I guess I fall short. another year.. LOL


            Ooops I forgot.. Congratulations to the Thread Author..
            Oh yeah, that I totally understand. It's when people go to great lengths to alter sliders/attributes/settings/situations/etc. just to obtain a trophy, then it seems like they don't even care about the game itself. Oh well, good luck to you and your quest for those last 6. lol

            Comment


            • #7
              I find if I play a game just to try and Platinum then I start to dislike the game because 9 times out of 10 it feels like work. I'm trying to get the last few trophies for Infamous and I can't wait until I don't have to play it anymore. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game but I've grown sick of it. The same goes for the Show. I don't dare to try and trophy hunt because I love it so much and would hate to start to resent it out of frustration.

              Comment

              Working...
              X