Old 04-30-2012 , 02:13 PM

EdReedFan20 Bat Boy
Default Switch Hitters in Home Run Derby

In Home Run Derby is there a way to switch which side of the plate you want to bat from if you are a switch hitter? I always play as the Orioles and as a right-handed person, I always use right-handed hitters. However, Matt Wieters, a switch hitter, is one of my favorite players. Every time I select him for Home Run Derby it defaults him as a left-handed hitter. I have TRIED playing with left-handed hitters, but the results are rarely pretty. If there's anyone who has an answer, I'd really appreciate it!
 Comments:
Old 04-30-2012 , 02:40 PM

CURAHEE75 Defensive Sub CURAHEE75 Defensive Sub CURAHEE75 Defensive Sub CURAHEE75 Defensive Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedFan20 View Post
In Home Run Derby is there a way to switch which side of the plate you want to bat from if you are a switch hitter? I always play as the Orioles and as a right-handed person, I always use right-handed hitters. However, Matt Wieters, a switch hitter, is one of my favorite players. Every time I select him for Home Run Derby it defaults him as a left-handed hitter. I have TRIED playing with left-handed hitters, but the results are rarely pretty. If there's anyone who has an answer, I'd really appreciate it!
The game will always default to the opposite hand of the pitcher.
So if the P is RH then a switch hitter will bat LH and vice versa.
Old 04-30-2012 , 07:36 PM

EdReedFan20 Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regal_Beagles View Post
The game will always default to the opposite hand of the pitcher.
So if the P is RH then a switch hitter will bat LH and vice versa.
Yeah, I know about that. As far as I know, you can't change the type of pitcher in Home Run Derby (or can you?), so I guess it's just random as to which type of pitcher you get.
Old 04-30-2012 , 08:29 PM

CURAHEE75 Defensive Sub CURAHEE75 Defensive Sub CURAHEE75 Defensive Sub CURAHEE75 Defensive Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedFan20 View Post
Yeah, I know about that. As far as I know, you can't change the type of pitcher in Home Run Derby (or can you?), so I guess it's just random as to which type of pitcher you get.
I have never seen a LHP in the HRD, so looks like youre stuck batting Lefty.
Old 04-30-2012 , 09:41 PM
I bleed Green and Gold!

BillyBeaneBall Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regal_Beagles View Post
I have never seen a LHP in the HRD, so looks like youre stuck batting Lefty.
Really? I haven't used this mode this year. It used to ask you which pitcher you wanted to face. Sad
Old 04-30-2012 , 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBeaneBall View Post
Really? I haven't used this mode this year. It used to ask you which pitcher you wanted to face. Sad
I dont even know that its a real pitcher, just some generic dude, but then I never really looked cuz I dont care, I just wanna mash!
Old 04-30-2012 , 10:49 PM
I bleed Green and Gold!

BillyBeaneBall Bat Boy

I don't usually play HR Derby so I'd venture to guess this option was AT LEAST 2-3 years old too. But you'd get to choose which side the pitcher threw from and the windup.

Useful if there was a pitcher whose windeup was difficult for you to pick the ball up from though!
Old 04-30-2012 , 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBeaneBall View Post
I don't usually play HR Derby so I'd venture to guess this option was AT LEAST 2-3 years old too. But you'd get to choose which side the pitcher threw from and the windup.

Useful if there was a pitcher whose windeup was difficult for you to pick the ball up from though!
Its not like COTW
The HRD is just like that of the ASG, some schmo lobs in pitches and you crank em. There really is no strategy to it.