Old 12-04-2012 , 07:20 PM

alstl04 Bat Boy
Default Question about live roster updates

Is the final live update from SCEA available in the roster vault, and will the attributes for players in that final roster update be the same as the first roster for the 2013 version?

Thanks.
 Comments:
Old 12-04-2012 , 08:11 PM

baseball493 Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl04 View Post
Is the final live update from SCEA available in the roster vault, and will the attributes for players in that final roster update be the same as the first roster for the 2013 version?

Thanks.
No, there is no guarantee that they will be the same, and almost definitely will be tweaked and will be different.
Old 12-04-2012 , 09:02 PM

alstl04 Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball493 View Post
No, there is no guarantee that they will be the same, and almost definitely will be tweaked and will be different.
Thanks, I usually go with the first roster after the final patch is released and don't bother with the others. Thought maybe I could get a sneak peak at next year's attributes, guess not.
Old 12-05-2012 , 10:49 AM
Pre-Historic MLB Titan

HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager

In most cases, majority of winter roster moves should be part of MLB '13 default roster at start up. Now when compared to MLB'12 last roster you should see significant changes by March 5, 2013

Stepping into your PS4 Batter's Box May 6th
Old 12-05-2012 , 07:35 PM

alstl04 Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITTERSAURUS-REX View Post
In most cases, majority of winter roster moves should be part of MLB '13 default roster at start up. Now when compared to MLB'12 last roster you should see significant changes by March 5, 2013
That is true. My question was whether the attributes from the final live roster of '12 would be the same as the first live roster of '13. Evidently not.
Old 12-24-2012 , 05:48 AM

Wrobel965 Bat Boy

So will we see another roster update after Christmas or will I have to manually adjust and wait for MLB '13?

Sorry I'm new to the Show and not sure how long the roster updates go.
Old 12-24-2012 , 10:54 AM

NazBlueEagles11 Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl04 View Post
That is true. My question was whether the attributes from the final live roster of '12 would be the same as the first live roster of '13. Evidently not.
No, the final update was the end of the regular season. Next years will be completely different thankfully.
Old 12-24-2012 , 12:05 PM

powerhouse3456 Bat Boy

I don't think anyone is thoroughly answering his question.

The majority of players have inaccurate attributes, some more than others. For instance, we've all seen Jason Heyward's stats, and how he has one of the best arms in baseball, yet in the game his arm strength is worse than Juan Pierre's. We also know that players like Vinnie Pestano has a greater potential than the game reflects (D). Other players like Michael Young, Mike Napoli, and Salvador Perez are just a few examples of the current roster's inaccuracy of player attributes.

I expect a major overhaul on player ratings for 2013. They will change because the game didn't spend time adjusting for the Kevin Frandsen's and the Michael McKenry's who came out of nowhere and hit well. But, now they will time to analyze each player and adjust.

I do not know about the SCEA roster.
Old 12-24-2012 , 07:25 PM

alstl04 Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhouse3456 View Post
I don't think anyone is thoroughly answering his question.

The majority of players have inaccurate attributes, some more than others. For instance, we've all seen Jason Heyward's stats, and how he has one of the best arms in baseball, yet in the game his arm strength is worse than Juan Pierre's. We also know that players like Vinnie Pestano has a greater potential than the game reflects (D). Other players like Michael Young, Mike Napoli, and Salvador Perez are just a few examples of the current roster's inaccuracy of player attributes.

I expect a major overhaul on player ratings for 2013. They will change because the game didn't spend time adjusting for the Kevin Frandsen's and the Michael McKenry's who came out of nowhere and hit well. But, now they will time to analyze each player and adjust.

I do not know about the SCEA roster.
I'm expecting more attention to detail this year in this area and franchise mode. I believe they were pressed to do too much last year with the additions made to the game and didn't have time to spend on this stuff.