MLB The Show Developers
Join Date: Feb 2010
Official Rules for Challenge of the Week in MLB'13
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
MLB®13 The Show™ Challenge Of The Week
1. TO ENTER: To enter you must have access to a PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system, access to a copy of MLB®13 The Show™ for the PS3™ system, a valid U.S. PlayStation®Network ID, e-mail address and internet access. User is responsible for applicable internet fees. You must be 18 years of age or older at time of registration. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. Contest period March 5, 2013 to March 11, 2013.
Load a copy of MLB 13 The Show for the PS3 into the PS3 system. Sign into your PlayStation Network ID. Once the game has loaded, select “Challenge of The Week” from the main menu and agree to the Terms and Conditions. Or, you can access the contest via Sports Connect. MLB 13 The Show Challenge of The Week is a one (1) player contest in which the contestant tries to achieve the highest score possible. The software will set up the game AI (artificial intelligence) for this challenge Stadium, Pitcher, Batter and Bonuses will be same during the Contest Period The contestant will attempt to score hits against the preselected pitcher.
Scoring: Each contestant is allowed three (3) outs according to Major League Baseball rules. Three (3) Strikes equal one (1) out. Foul balls count as strikes up to two (2) strikes. Contestant cannot strike out on a foul ball. Bunting is not allowed. Once the contestant scores his third out, the challenge is over and the contestant’s score is recorded to the leader board for that week. When a contestant participates in a weekly challenge more than once, the best score will overwrite the previous score.
Each ball hit will receive a score based on distance (feet) traveled to the first bounce. Balls that are hit in play will receive a ** distance multiplier. Balls hit foul will receive a x1 multiplier. For example, a ball hit in play that travels 100 feet would receive a score of (100ft **) 300 points. A ball hit foul that travels 100 feet would receive a score of (100ft x1) 100 points. If a ball hits the wall, the distance traveled will stop at the point of contact. The bounce back will not count against the score for that hit. Three consecutive hits will increase the difficulty level. Rookie < Veteran < Hall Of Fame < Legend. Difficulty resets back to Rookie on a taken Strike or swing and miss.
In the event of a tie score, the distance of the longest ball hit will determine the winner. If there is a tie on longest ball hit, most hits will be the final tie breaker.
**If a user chooses to quit their Challenge of the Week try before it concludes, their current score will be stored and the user will earn a one (1) strike penalty. The user will be able to complete their try, however, any Active Streak statistics (Distance and Momentum Boosts) will be lost. The score will remain on the server for the duration of that particular Weekly Challenge only.
Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend the electronic portion of this promotion should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion and to award random drawing prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken by Sponsor. Automated entries are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his/her contest entries) who tampers with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE, GAME SERVER OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" person in whose name the email account is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in the Eligibility section of these Official Rules. "Authorized Account Holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrant. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.
2. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: Contestant with the highest score will win one (1) MLB® 13 The Show Signed Game Cover (the game cover, not the playable game) (approximate retail value less than $400.00). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if prize is unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed.
3. WINNERS: Winners will be notified by a PSN XMB message and via private message in-game within MLB ’13: The Show. Winners who do not respond to the prize award notification within seventy-two hours (72 hours) will forfeit their prize. Once forfeited, Sponsor will select the next highest scoring contestant and will continue this process until the prize has been awarded. Winners will be determined by the highest score posted during the Contest Period. Please allow six (6) to ten (10) weeks for receipt of prizes. Winners may only win one weekly prize throughout the duration of Challenge of the Week offerings within MLB 13 The Show.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents only aged 18 or older who have access to a PlayStation®3, MLB®13 The Show for the PS3™ system, a valid U.S. PlayStation Network ID and access to the internet. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. All unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within two (2) days of prize notification. Failure to return Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within two (2) days of receipt will result in forfeiture of entire prize pack and an alternate winner will be selected among remaining eligible entrants. Prize is not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. No substitution for the prize by the winner will be allowed. If necessary, due to unavailability of the prize for any reason, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. All Federal, state and local tax liabilities are the responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for the Sponsors to use the winner’s name, likeness, biography, statements, and any other similar materials for marketing, promotional and publicity purposes without additional compensation or any limitation. Additionally, by acceptance of prize, prize winners and travel companion agree to release Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating, and /or traveling to any prize-related activity. Employees of the Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes. Neither the Sponsors nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, division or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as result of this sweepstakes or receipt of prize.
6. WINNER LIST: To obtain names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MLB®13 The Show™ Challenge Of The Week, Attn: Promotions, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor Foster City, CA 94404. Grand prize winner’s name request will be fulfilled within four weeks after Grand Prize has been awarded. Requests for winner list must be received by 04/30/2014.
7. RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
8. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404
Last edited by TheShowBaseball; 03-20-2013 at 10:18 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|