Old 09-04-2012 , 11:12 AM
Montreal Baseball Project

DEN_24 Bat Boy
Default durability rating

wondering how much importance you guys put into this attribute and what exactly it accounts for... personally ill usually try n get it up around 50 or 60... or ill just round it off... not sure if this has to do with how often someone gets injured or not, but since there arent any injuries in DD, am i wasting my money ?
Old 09-04-2012 , 11:17 AM
DD 1.0 Top 10

jreypr Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEN_24 View Post
wondering how much importance you guys put into this attribute and what exactly it accounts for... personally ill usually try n get it up around 50 or 60... or ill just round it off... not sure if this has to do with how often someone gets injured or not, but since there arent any injuries in DD, am i wasting my money ?
My honest guess would be yes...$$$ down the drain
Old 09-04-2012 , 11:39 AM

DEN_24 Bat Boy

my guess would have been the same, but whats really weird, is that i still train it, with hopes that it actually does something lol id like if they added injuries in DD next year though... only time ive seen someone leave a game is for arguing a call at first, and even that happens very very rarely
Old 09-04-2012 , 11:59 AM
DD 1.0 Top 10

jreypr Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEN_24 View Post
my guess would have been the same, but whats really weird, is that i still train it, with hopes that it actually does something lol id like if they added injuries in DD next year though... only time ive seen someone leave a game is for arguing a call at first, and even that happens very very rarely

I've never ever seen a player be ejected from a gm in DD...as far as injuries goes, if I lost a player due to injury after spending Million$$$ on them id be pretty and can imagine most guys would be too...dont think that's a good idea...especially with all the stupid dudes that start beaning guys when they are losing.
Old 09-04-2012 , 12:05 PM

A_GENERIC_A Bat Boy

We have come to a consensus that durability helps pitchers recuperate faster- real or imagined. As far as position players go, unless you tracked your players on a game by game basis as far as how they are doing we may never know. Hypothetically, a guy who uses the same 8 position players for game after game after game without giving them rest may see a decline in their production (it's kinda like that in other areas of the show where this is concerned). I train mine a lot of times into the 90's eventually and if it's money down the drain its a small price to pay for piece of mind knowing that by not ignoring it I did not handicap my team in any way. I still train all the pitcher /9's out of superstition and it's working so far, although it may be imagined.
Old 09-04-2012 , 12:40 PM

DEN_24 Bat Boy

jrey, good point about guys beaning all your hitters when they go down big... didnt think about that... but personally i think id still like to see injuries, even if it was just for the rest of the game... or make it so that beanballs dont hurt guys, which would be unrealisitc in itself, but not as unrealistic as no injuries at all... idk, i just think having a good bench is part of the team building strategy so id like to see the bench players become a little more relevant...

and as far as pitchers recuperating faster, well if this is true, then its definitely worth the money... but i thought recuperation was also part of the stamina attribute... i could certainly be wrong but i figured stamina wasnt just how quickly the energy bar goes down, but how quickly it replenishes too
Old 09-04-2012 , 08:53 PM

cardinalbird5 Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_GENERIC_A View Post
We have come to a consensus that durability helps pitchers recuperate faster- real or imagined. As far as position players go, unless you tracked your players on a game by game basis as far as how they are doing we may never know. Hypothetically, a guy who uses the same 8 position players for game after game after game without giving them rest may see a decline in their production (it's kinda like that in other areas of the show where this is concerned). I train mine a lot of times into the 90's eventually and if it's money down the drain its a small price to pay for piece of mind knowing that by not ignoring it I did not handicap my team in any way. I still train all the pitcher /9's out of superstition and it's working so far, although it may be imagined.
No one came to a consensus that durablity does anything lol. Consensus is when everyone agrees to agree on something. I personally think it a waste of money until someone can actually get some actual statistical evidence and prove me wrong.

I use a lot of MLB starters and some have very high durablity (Halladay, Weaver, Santana, Greinke, etc.) and I notice they regenerate their health exactly the same as my DD pitchers.

I find attributes like bunting, drag bunting, durability, (fielding ability for catchers and blocking for any other position), clutch and so on to be pretty much useless. Granted they may help a bit, but I don't notice it. I hardly ever train clutch and I still hit .344 with RISP and that is 2nd in the top 25 right behind Black Cats.

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 09-04-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-05-2012 , 10:26 AM

A_GENERIC_A Bat Boy

Take this as a compliment. You are the exception, not the rule at this game. There is a reason your first team is number 1 and your other team, I won't mention them but you know. What works well for you doesn't always work for those of us on a lower tier.
Old 09-05-2012 , 10:48 AM

cardinalbird5 Bat Boy

It is not only me though, but I never noticed it doing much for my opponents.

What does clutch actually do? I think it may increase your PCI slightly with RISP or with 2 outs, but I haven't even noticed it. The other attributes I mentioned literally do nothing. Blocking is useless for a SS and Fielding is pretty much useless for a catcher (it only applies for pop ups and those are usually easy outs anyways).

As for durability, if one of you guys ran a test on it then it may change my mind, but I personally haven't noticed anything.

Old 09-05-2012 , 10:58 AM

A_GENERIC_A Bat Boy

What? I'm wasting money training my SS to block the plate???? Terrible. Seriously though, maybe clutch keeps your controller from shaking and vibrating out of your hands in those tense situations. Who knows, maybe it does nothing but give peace of mind to those less fortunate that spend training dollars on it. The placebo effect.