Old 03-05-2013 , 03:24 PM

Jdurg Bat Boy
Default MLB 13 The Show Instruction Manual

Realizing that trade ins of previous years of annual sports games is worthless, this year I just decided to get the game via download on the PSN Store. Took some time to download, but it's worth it. I just have one question.

I know that online manuals are available through the XMB on the PS3, but is there a way I can go and download the manual onto my PC so that I can read through it and have it available to me when I'm not signed in to my PS3?

Edit: Okay, my bad. I see that the "Online Instruction Manuals" in the XMB does not provide you with any instruction manuals at all. The digital download does not come with any instruction manual either. Therefore, I have none. The only thing I can/could do is look through the controls menu in the game itself. This really isn't that appealing to me. I'd like to be able to read the instructions when I'm doing other activities.

I guess my only hope is that someone with a physical copy of the game scans the instructions at a high resolution and uploads them somewhere on the net. Oh well.

Last edited by Jdurg; 03-05-2013 at 03:30 PM.
 Comments:
Old 03-05-2013 , 04:53 PM

BMillaKilla Bat Boy

I'm not sure if im the only one, but I just bought my new copy of the show today at walmart, and it did not come with a manual. It only came with an online pass activation code and a 30 day free trial to mlb.tv premium code. Any one else have this issue? So as far as posting pics of the manual online, if the actual copy of the game, came without a manual, not sure how people would post it online. Thoughts?
Old 03-05-2013 , 04:57 PM

jhack9 Defensive Sub jhack9 Defensive Sub jhack9 Defensive Sub jhack9 Defensive Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMillaKilla View Post
I'm not sure if im the only one, but I just bought my new copy of the show today at walmart, and it did not come with a manual. It only came with an online pass activation code and a 30 day free trial to mlb.tv premium code. Any one else have this issue? So as far as posting pics of the manual online, if the actual copy of the game, came without a manual, not sure how people would post it online. Thoughts?
The manual is on the disc. It is a separate file. You will see it in the Game list on your PS3 once you install it.
Old 03-05-2013 , 06:57 PM
Pre-Historic MLB Titan

HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager HITTERSAURUS-REX ML General Manager

What the thread author is asking for is a MLB'13 PDF manual. Right now there is alot going on, but lets see what the future may hold.

Old 03-05-2013 , 08:09 PM
Banned

fullback29 Bat Boy

a seperate download of the manual is fascinating and all but not good for quick references. the game is tiresome just trying to set up in the first place LOL
Old 03-06-2013 , 01:09 AM

Jdurg Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITTERSAURUS-REX View Post
What the thread author is asking for is a MLB'13 PDF manual. Right now there is alot going on, but lets see what the future may hold.
I hope the future holds a manual to read. However, after hearing that the physical copy does not contain an actual manual, I believe that those of us who downloaded the game from the PSN Store won't get one. Oh well. I guess I'll have to stumble around in my RTTS career and learn the hard way. Heh. (Already been picked off a few times, *****ed up running the bases due to my not knowing how to slide, and missed a number of fly balls since I don't know how to dive or jump.).

A manual would be really nice to have, but I get the feeling that one wasn't made and I'll have to just spend some time failing in order to learn how to play. Oh well.
Old 03-07-2013 , 01:16 AM

crowhop78 Bat Boy
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg View Post
I hope the future holds a manual to read. However, after hearing that the physical copy does not contain an actual manual, I believe that those of us who downloaded the game from the PSN Store won't get one. Oh well. I guess I'll have to stumble around in my RTTS career and learn the hard way. Heh. (Already been picked off a few times, *****ed up running the bases due to my not knowing how to slide, and missed a number of fly balls since I don't know how to dive or jump.).

A manual would be really nice to have, but I get the feeling that one wasn't made and I'll have to just spend some time failing in order to learn how to play. Oh well.
It is becoming obvious this game wasn't made for someone who has never played it before.

I, like you, downloaded the game. I had no idea on how to actually play the game beforehand. I haven't played a baseball game in five years, at least. Anything and everything I know has come through trial and error and the occasion nugget of information that will pop up in the "hints" at the very bottom of the screen.

Basically the game has been created with little to no way for the user to know how to use it beforehand. I feel as if I wasted my time and money, to this point. But "lets see what the future may hold"...whatever the heck that means.
Old 03-07-2013 , 06:19 AM

drail27 Bat Boy

man they mess up the simplest things...

We got a new rookie mode for people who did not play before, but no manual to help them get started?

Old 03-07-2013 , 10:38 AM

toeter83 Bat Boy

you can see the controls in game
Old 03-07-2013 , 11:10 AM

MattSanDiego Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg View Post

????

The physical copy does contain an actual manual, as explained to you already it's listed like a separate game on the disc. I have no idea about the digital download though as I would never do that.

I think it's strange that games no longer contain physical manuals but with this game there is no need. There is an option to view game controls in the main game menu, they are pretty clear. You can also look them up in the menu screens while playing an actual game. In past years there were also video tutorials in the main game menu that you could choose to watch, I haven't looked for that this year but it might be there as well.

There's absolutely no reason to have to guess at what the controls are, they are clearly explained no matter how you bought the game!

Last edited by MattSanDiego; 03-07-2013 at 11:18 AM.