Old 03-24-2014 , 12:10 PM

threemw3 Bat Boy
Default Rivalry Mode

Will rivalry mode still be in the PS3 Mlb 14 the show version?
 Comments:
Old 03-24-2014 , 12:21 PM

tjmoney7777 Bat Boy

I haven't heard anything from it. If it is then it's not one of the more popular modes, cause it is not in the official MLB 14 trailer

― Coach Lee Walls
Old 04-01-2014 , 10:46 PM

nbbulldawgs11 Bat Boy
Thumbs down Rivalry mode ps4

I have to say I am very disappointed that rivalry mode is not in the PS3 version of the show. It was a feature I enjoyed very much. I want to know if this feature will be in the PS4 version since i will be trading my PS3 in when the show is released for PS4. To be completely honest the only reason why I still have a playstation is for mlb the show and I have to be honest I don't know if I will be returning to the show if rivalry mode is not in this game anymore.

A very unhappy customer

So plain an simple my question is WHERE IS RIVALRY MODE!?!?!?
Old 04-02-2014 , 12:02 AM

hannig2010 Bat Boy

Why don't you just play an online franchise? Look at it as an enhanced rivalry mode.
Old 04-02-2014 , 04:14 AM

nbbulldawgs11 Bat Boy
Exclamation

Why it's not the same is bc what I use rivalry mode for is me an my brother make up fantasy teams through roster control and play each other. And rivalry is a cool feature while we do that bc it keep track of the players stats and what not. I am a huge show player to the point where I legit burnt the game out last year. But that really doesn't answer my original question of will the PS4 version have it ??
Old 04-02-2014 , 05:26 AM

hannig2010 Bat Boy

I haven't heard anything, but your explanation makes sense. My brother was never into baseball, and now that I'm living on my own, i play online mostly. I never understood rivalry mode a whole lot until you just explained it that way. Sounds fun.
Old 04-18-2014 , 02:09 PM

Pand1_ck Bat Boy

Make a download for rivalry mode for 14. I have been buying this game for 6 years for rivalry mode only. I'm sure i am not the only one. Won't be buying another one. Anyone want a cheap copy of 14?
Old 05-06-2014 , 03:25 PM

HungusIamExpert Bat Boy
Default No Rivalry Mode in PS4 :(

I was also extremely disappointed about Rivalry Mode being removed from MLB 14. I purchased PS4 specifically for MLB 14. I'm certainly pleased with the upgraded graphics, but most of my games played in previous years were in Rivalry mode with my brother/friends. This was the ideal game mode for in-person head-to-head action, especially when you wanted to play multiple games (and keep stats).

Any chance this game mode can be added via a patch or game update?
Old 05-06-2014 , 06:36 PM

opticsmouth Bat Boy

Ever since the show series came out, I had a friend who came over weekly and we'd play rivalry mode against each other. It was great. We could play a best of 82 game series with stats recorded. We have long standing records/stats that we will never forget. My favorite one was Doug Mirabelli (backup Red Sox catcher who always caught Wakefield) hitting 16 homers one rivalry.

Either way, I'm disappointed that it's gone. Now we can't keep the tradition going.
Old 05-07-2014 , 02:48 PM

engizo Bat Boy

I am also very bummed that Rivalry Mode has been skipped this year. I have a buddy who comes over all the time and we spent most of our summer last year playing different 29 game rivalries. Putting custom roster teams together to make each rivalry different in ways. And under 25 rivalry... an over 30 rivalry... sub 90 overall rivalries... adding only 4 players to a certain team to make them better.... so many different ways.

Exhibition games are boring. You always face the best 8 hitters and usually the best pitchers. And if you get to the starter early, why not bring in another starter? Even if you don't, you can always throw the best of your bullpen never worrying about fatigue or wearing down the arms for the next game. Your #3 hitter will never have to sit out a game.

The most use of our game comes from this mode, RTTS, and the old Offline Franchise. (I still don't know what I'm going to do with a Franchise, yet.)

My wife and I each have our own RTTS, I play Franchise, and we usually have rivalries against each other and I have one with my friend. We have another friend who has been coming over a lot recently and he couldn't wait to start a rivalry against me. Now I have to tell him that it is not possible.

Anyone have ideas on the best way to replace this, now? Postseason mode? it's not the same... but could it be as interesting?

If they did anything with Rivalry this year... I was hoping they would add an online Rivalry Mode to this year's game. Then i could play with my brother who lives 2 1/2 hours away from me.

Bring back Rivalry Mode, please.