Does Lodolos lack of a curve hurt him?

SDS

Ill be honest, I want another lefty, so I am considering the 0 to 120 grind for Lodolo but I am not in love with his lack of a curve.

Anyone that uses him or faced the card, is his pitch mix decent enough without one?

SDS

Haven’t used him, but sinker slider change mix should be just fine if mixed right

SDS

@petravork said in Does Lodolos lack of a curve hurt him?:

Ill be honest, I want another lefty, so I am considering the 0 to 120 grind for Lodolo but I am not in love with his lack of a curve.

Anyone that uses him or faced the card, is his pitch mix decent enough without one?

Depends on what the grind means to you. I have him and he wasn't great in the event but that's on all Star. I like him so far on Hall of Fame but he doesn't have a lot of gas and he only does have four pitches. He is sort of like sale with the slider fastball changeup. Sale has a two-seamer and this guy has a sinker. Overall I say he is above average but nothing worth a week of grinding or 100k. When I am on the fence I just look at it that I want the card and we'll use it and if he is not great at least I am ready for the next stage of the affinity. If you're going to progressed to the third stage of the affinity you might as well get a card now that you will use for the next month or two as opposed to getting it in 2 months and never using it

SDS

As I was typing my last response he just gave up a home run in ranked seasons on Hall of Fame to my opponents created player John wick. So there's that

SDS

IMO, Lodolo is the second best starter in this game. His sinker/slider combo is filthy and he has great control. Well worth the grind.

SDS

Cant wait to get him haha