This year’s version of the Honus collection?

SDS

Do you think FOTF, Prospect, Monthly, FS, and these new tournament cards will be part of this? I’m trying to collect as I go knowing that I’m probably paying more up front, but I have cards that I might actually use now. I’ve bought a handful of these, but haven’t locked in any of the sellable ones. The Monthly ones weren’t part of it last year. What are the thought here? Maybe some long time players might have more insight. Thanks.

SDS

Keep for now, if you end up not wanting the collection the cards will come back up to what they are now or even higher then , so you prob won't lose value holding them.

SDS

I don't think POTM or Player's League cards will be part of the overall collection. POTM cards were not part of the grand prize collection in year's past. The Player's League was something thrown together after planning and release of the game...so it wouldn't be part of the planned big reward. Also, these Player's Leaguer cards are just filling the hole left by not having Topps Now cards.

R, IV, FOTF, Award, Sig Series, Prospects, FS, and Prime cards will definitely be part of the big award though.

Just my $0.02.

SDS

im curious whether we'll need any additional FS if we already have the 30 from affinity, same w/ the original prospects collection

SDS

Is this just speculation or is it certain that a type of card like that will even be dropped this year?

SDS

well Honus is def in the game and I imagine it'll be a similar collection to earn him

SDS

@Dronery687 said in This year’s version of the Honus collection?:

Is this just speculation or is it certain that a type of card like that will even be dropped this year?

He was in last year and required a ton of cards to collect, he looked super amazing on paper. I think the community ended up being 50/50 split though on this card vs Finest Lindor. Really Honus was outshined in anything lower than Legend.

People are assuming a similar setup will happen this year

SDS

I, like a lot of people, assume there will be a Honus (or Honusesque) collection, so I’m just collecting every card I get and grinding for everything I can. I strongly suspect we will need at least some FOTF and FS cards, so I’m trying to stay on top of those as best as possible.

SDS

As insane as it sounds, I wouldn’t be surprised if you need to collect all 30 FotF and Future Stars cards.

SDS

@turtleopolis said in This year’s version of the Honus collection?:

As insane as it sounds, I wouldn’t be surprised if you need to collect all 30 FotF and Future Stars cards.

I don’t think that’s insane. You pretty much had to do the same thing last year or you were paying a lot for an all star card. You might also have to collect 30 fs cards, but you can at least buy some of those.