Monitor/Game Settings Help Needed

SDS

So I recently bought the bullet and purchased a monitor for my PS4 Pro (mainly to get away from the living room and my kids) but I don't know if I'm seeing any real benefit yet. Sure, the colors are great but I'm actually playing worse than I was before. I'm wondering if I don't have the settings on the monitor or the system in the right place.

I bought an Asus TUF Gaming VG289Q so it certainly has the specs I'd want. But it has a slew of settings and no manual so I don't know if I have it set right. Are there settings on the system I'm missing? I'm suddenly not able to catch up with FB on All Star in RS. At first I was determined my controller was getting laggy and needed replaced but now I'm wondering if there's something I'm not configuring correctly.

Any help?

SDS

I’m not sure if the Asus have it, but on the Benq you have to make sure instant mode is on and set it to FPS.

SDS

The PS4 only does 60hz. Does the monitor need to be set to 60hz? Does anything beyond native response time and resolution add input lag?

SDS

Curious where you got it as it is oos everywhere I've looked?

I'm assuming that you are in performance mode in game (1080), I would think that supersampling would cause a slight lag too.