Question for online players

SDS

I am in a dreadful slump.
I was playing the event and I am early on everything.
I have tried everything and I am still early.

So I decided to play some conquest (to do my daily innings mission) on All-Star, the same level as the event.
I was getting good timing on almost everything.

I know the CPU pitches diffrently than a human, but a 97 MPH fastball from a human is a 97 MPH fastball from the CPU.

So why am I early on everything online but I have good timing offline?

SDS

"but a 97 MPH fastball from a human is a 97 MPH fastball from the CPU."

It's actually not, offline and online speeds are different.

SDS

@eatyum said in Question for online players:

"but a 97 MPH fastball from a human is a 97 MPH fastball from the CPU."

It's actually not, offline and online speeds are different.

I was leaning that way, so how do you compensate for the difference?

SDS

Keep your pci outside. When I'm late on everything I keep the pci inside. And then same goes for early

SDS

@gavithegavster2 said in Question for online players:

Keep your pci outside. When I'm late on everything I keep the pci inside. And then same goes for early

Outside as in relative to the handedness of the batter?
Working the PCI Outside - In and then up and down?

SDS

Yeah if you can't force yourself to sit back you can try one of two things. Either start your PCI further off center and have to travel more before you get over the ball. Basically creating more delay before you hit the button. Or you can try to hold your thumb higher over the button adding more time between when your brain says go and when the button is activated. Both are really band aids and the real answer is practice and condition yourself to sit back a bit more naturally.

SDS

@dogslax41 said in Question for online players:

Yeah if you can't force yourself to sit back you can try one of two things. Either start your PCI further off center and have to travel more before you get over the ball. Basically creating more delay before you hit the button. Or you can try to hold your thumb higher over the button adding more time between when your brain says go and when the button is activated. Both are really band aids and the real answer is practice and condition yourself to sit back a bit more naturally.

That makes sense.
I will try that.

When you practice, are you on HOF or Legendary?

SDS

Honestly most of the time my practice session involves just going into Challenge of the Week or just going into an Event game. I personally don't have a desire to go into specific BP mode with altered sliders because you really don't earn XP or stubs. Events are free and who cares if you lose.

But if I do want to practice vs CPU I'll go into conquest and play games one level higher than what I will be playing online.

SDS

I never thought about doing conquest at a higher level. I will try that.
I tried BP on legendary for the first time yesterday and It took me a while to make good contact but eventually I was able to hit the ball, not well, but I hit it.
I gotta keep grinding.