Another question for those of you who did TA Exchanges

SDS

When buying your cards; do you buy a set amount per team? Or do you buy in bulk and then exchange them?

Ex: Say I am targeting players that are 75 Silvers and my spending limit is 125 stubs per player. Say I need 6 cards total for one team. And you find a card that is listed at 100 stubs.

Would you put in 6 buy orders at, say 105, and then once those orders fill; exchange the player for one team. Or would you put in 30 orders at once and sit on them for awhile?

Pretty much what I am asking is it better to put in 15-16 buy orders then rinse and repeat or just fill as much as you can all at once? Like iif you had the atuba and knew you would use them, and found 5 different 75s between 100-125; would you buy enough of all 5, even though you would still have to assign them to each team?

SDS

This is my genuine response.

Any amount of time you spend strategizing this is better spent just putting in more buy orders than you need. In the cases where I've done TA, I simply put buy orders in for every single silver and bronze player for the 5 relevant teams (I go ahead and do buy orders for the team I'm doing the TA for in the first place also because why not.)

Then after an hour or so, cancel the (likely 5 or 6) remaining open orders and sell the excess players you didn't use in TA. This goes much quicker if you go the market and sort by team, 65-79, rather than selling from your inventory in this case.

I can understand why someone looking to maximize their time may not want to spend 15 minutes putting in all these buy/sell orders, but if you're gonna put in effort maximizing profit/minimizing loss, just invest that time in putting in enough buy orders to guarantee you break even.

I don't think I wanna take the time to do an exact study, but I monitor the amount of stubs I have before and after TA completion and I'm always better off than break even. Granted, some of these stubs probably leak in from other sources while I'm playing the game, but it's close enough for me to never worry about losing stubs through TA.

SDS

@Josh_KCK said in Another question for those of you who did TA Exchanges:

This is my genuine response.

Any amount of time you spend strategizing this is better spent just putting in more buy orders than you need. In the cases where I've done TA, I simply put buy orders in for every single silver and bronze player for the 5 relevant teams (I go ahead and do buy orders for the team I'm doing the TA for in the first place also because why not.)

Then after an hour or so, cancel the (likely 5 or 6) remaining open orders and sell the excess players you didn't use in TA. This goes much quicker if you go the market and sort by team, 65-79, rather than selling from your inventory in this case.

I can understand why someone looking to maximize their time may not want to spend 15 minutes putting in all these buy/sell orders, but if you're gonna put in effort maximizing profit/minimizing loss, just invest that time in putting in enough buy orders to guarantee you break even.

I don't think I wanna take the time to do an exact study, but I monitor the amount of stubs I have before and after TA completion and I'm always better off than break even. Granted, some of these stubs probably leak in from other sources while I'm playing the game, but it's close enough for me to never worry about losing stubs through TA.

Let me see if I can clarify.

Say I need 4 75s per team. I am doung the NL Central. I find one player that is selling for 100 stubs. Since I technically need 20 of him (16 for the NL Central and 4 for his AL counterpart, if available); you're saying to put in 20 buy orders for that card and after they complete, exchange per team and sell of extras. Rinse and repeat?

SDS

Too much work.

SDS

Put in bulk buy orders, and go do something else. If after 24 hours you have any orders not filled, cancel them and re-do a new set buy orders.

SDS

I just put in 321 buy orders for 63's @ 8 stubs each. Took me a little over 12 hours to fill them all but only cost me roughly 2500 stubs for 10 TA points. Time consuming yes, but saved stubs in long run.