Reggie Jackson

SDS

Does anyone else absolutely blow with this card? Jesus Christ the attributes on the card are godly but I can’t buy a hit with. Idk if just has a slow swing or maybe it’s just me. I don’t want to take him out cause the stats are so good but at this point I think I just need to sit him regardless of stats.

SDS

He destroys baseballs , took me a few games to get his swing down / stick w it and stop pressing. I bombed w mantle like 100 abs at .250 cause I wanted to do good so bad. Before I prestiged him he was like .325 w 60 tanks . Stick w him he’s worth it

SDS

@MaxHarvest said in Reggie Jackson:

He destroys baseballs , took me a few games to get his swing down / stick w it and stop pressing. I bombed w mantle like 100 abs at .250 cause I wanted to do good so bad. Before I prestiged him he was like .325 w 60 tanks . Stick w him he’s worth it

Idk man I’m at about 200 ABs with Reggie and I just can’t hit with him. I’ve done really good with Trout/Mantle/Sheffield but idk what it is with Jackson. Either late on everything or when I barrel it up it goes nowhere

SDS

@theman925 said in Reggie Jackson:

@MaxHarvest said in Reggie Jackson:

Idk man I’m at about 200 ABs with Reggie and I just can’t hit with him. I’ve done really good with Trout/Mantle/Sheffield but idk what it is with Jackson. Either late on everything or when I barrel it up it goes nowhere

It’s in your head 100%, if you can’t move past those thoughts bench him , plenty of other great options. Lofton and Gwynn are great plus lots of future stars like trammel or even yellich or Kemp

SDS

I’m the same with Sheffield now. Started great he was my best hitter then the slump came and I can’t buy a hit. Everything is an out. Had to drop him to 8th

SDS

They different hitting view...sometimes that is the case.....I bombed out with Nolan of the cards, changed the hitting view and suddenly he starts cracking bombs and doubles

SDS

I thought the same thing and ended up benching him. I put him back in my lineup and hes been my best hitter since! Give it some time to get used to his swing. Dont give up on him dude is a BEAST!

SDS

Jackson has had some clutch hits for me. I was loosing top of the ninth and the opponent plunked my PH next guy moves the PH over to second and then Reggie hits a walkoff no doubt bomb. The opponent had been dogging me all game with bunt dancing and calling time every chance so I made him watch that replay

SDS

I think it's due to the slightly less than stellar (for a 99 player) vision Reggie has. I am having similar struggles with him, but I also am pretty mediocre. I guess if you're a good player who has no problem squaring up pitches on the corner with lower vision players, you'll rake with him. But if you're like me you're probably better off with a 94 to 96 OF with better vision.

SDS

His swing is long and seems to be slow at times. I hit well with him when I am relax and have patience with his card.