Difference in pitch speeds from practice to online? or TV issue?

SDS

Does anybody know if there is a difference in pitch speeds from custom to practice online? I'm confused about how I can get good PCI placement and turn on the fastball in custom practice against Nolan Ryan, Hal, etc with the difficulty set to legend. Then go into a Ranked Seasons game on Hall of Fame and not be able to touch anything.

My only other thought is that it could be a frame drop online with my TV and not using a monitor. So it's not smooth all the way in, causing me to be off either way.

I'm just trying to get better, feel very uncompetitive the past few days.

SDS

Batting practice offline has been useless since '18 . Don't know why but pre '18 it seemed to help with online play.

SDS

Yeah, it seems to have something to do with connection quality? I don’t know, but you are correct, the two speeds are not the same.

SDS

100% there is a difference. I think the only time there isn't is if you are the game "host". I think it has something to do with the connection and translation from the host connection to yours. Man some games on all-star feel like legend and legend feels like all-star.

SDS

I practice on legend difficulty with fastball speeds all the way up and it’s nowhere as fast as HOF online.