Sandoval's defense at catcher?

SDS

Just sold Wieters due to his weird ineptitude in blocking anything directly over the plate (94 block rating!) I'm really intrigued by Sandoval's bat but that 71 blocking is a concern of mine

SDS

@esmlb_rop said in Sandoval's defense at catcher?:

Just sold Wieters due to his weird ineptitude in blocking anything directly over the plate (94 block rating!) I'm really intrigued by Sandoval's bat but that 71 blocking is a concern of mine

I haven't had anything get past him at catcher. Used him about 10 games so far.

SDS

When did Pablo Sandoval catch in the big leagues? Had to go look at his card to see if this thread was legit. Blown away because I never saw his fat [censored] catch lol

SDS

@matthembree44 said in Sandoval's defense at catcher?:

When did Pablo Sandoval catch in the big leagues? Had to go look at his card to see if this thread was legit. Blown away because I never saw his fat [censored] catch lol

He caught 14 games in total in 2008 and 2009.. his pants kept ripping so they moved him to 3B

SDS

He played 83 games in the minors in 2008 as well, with a .989 fielding percentage. He wasn't bad at it at all, many SF fans wanted him back there when Posey got hurt in 2011 and Panda got in better shape.

SDS

You should see him pitch. 69 mph curve. Poetic windup and motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDP_wQI3HMo

Also, don't disrespect the Panda that way, he's big-boned!

SDS

@MadderBumgarner said in Sandoval's defense at catcher?:

You should see him pitch. 69 mph curve. Poetic windup and motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDP_wQI3HMo

Also, don't disrespect the Panda that way, he's big-boned!

He had total command of his fast ball. Low and a way, three ground outs. Also just quick pitching everyone. Love it. Got a SWING and a MISS on the curve. Timmy must have taught him that