Gold Damon, Sutton, and Jones

SDS

Why have the prices of Johnny Damon Don Sutton and Andrew Jones all sky rocketed?

SDS

Scarcity

SDS

Damon, Sutton (and Ripken) were all Pennant Race Rewards for Ranked Season 1 and have stopped being awarded.
Jones (and Killebrew) were rewards for Ranked Season 2 and have stopped being awarded.

Demand > Supply.

Read a book.

SDS

@SaveFarris said in Gold Damon, Sutton, and Jones:

Damon, Sutton (and Ripken) were all Pennant Race Rewards for Ranked Season 1 and have stopped being awarded.
Jones (and Killebrew) were rewards for Ranked Season 2 and have stopped being awarded.

Demand > Supply.

Read a book.

I think the better question is why on the world is there demand for these cards? They aren't good, easily replaced, little to no collection value.

SDS

They will be used for the million and half stub honus collection

SDS

@notoriousHEB said in Gold Damon, Sutton, and Jones:

Demand > Supply.

Read a book.

I think the better question is why on the world is there demand for these cards? They aren't good, easily replaced, little to no collection value.

1. They are probably pretty rare as when they were cheap, a lot were used for affinity exchanges, which made a lot of the supply dry up.
  2. The anticipated Honus Type collection, those kinds of cards shot up to really high prices last year, so people are getting them in anticipation this year.
SDS

Demand > Supply.

Read a book.

I read “Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus” and I’m still not sure what supply or demand is.