“I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker

SDS

“I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker

Is there some meaning to this I’m not understanding? And why would SDS chose this to put on the opening menu?

SDS

@DanielFeces said in “I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker:

Is there some meaning to this I’m not understanding? And why would SDS chose this to put on the opening menu?

Because people are more upset about buildings being burned/destroyed when protests get out of hand than about people of color being killed.

SDS

@Kovz88 said> Because people are more upset about buildings being burned/destroyed when protests get out of hand than about people of color being killed.

That makes sense now. It doesn’t seem like a great quote to use, however.

SDS

@DanielFeces said in “I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker:

@Kovz88 said> Because people are more upset about buildings being burned/destroyed when protests get out of hand than about people of color being killed.

That makes sense now. It doesn’t seem like a great quote to use, however.

I dont really see an issue with it myself, its true.

SDS

Because the many brown shirts in media, education and now corporations require it?

SDS

I don't think politics or whatever this is.. is allowed on the forum .. just FYI.

SDS

The quote just seems to not be as effective as it could be, in my opinion. But I’m not discussing the politics, just seems to me like the rhetoric is not quiet there for it to be worthy of placement on the games opening page.

SDS

I disagree Mr. Feces. I think it's a pretty powerful and thought provoking one-liner. While I do see your point, I think it made you think about it and ask what it could mean and that's at least something that engages people.

SDS

Have someone destroy his property because they're mad at someone else and see how he feels about it then.

SDS

@StarsWillAlign said in “I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker:

I don't think politics or whatever this is.. is allowed on the forum .. just FYI.

SDS opened this door by putting quotes and such on the game. Just my opinion.

SDS

Which begs the question: if SDS headquarters and/or Cole Tucker's house had been one of the buildings that suffered from the "protests", would that quote have still been given?

To wit, Chris Palmer's opinion on current events changed drastically in the span of 72 hours...

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1267127192330346500 (PG-13 language warning in the tweets)

SDS

@Kovz88 said in “I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker:

Because people are more upset about buildings being burned/destroyed when protests get out of hand than about people of color being killed.

I respectfully disagree with this, it's not that people care more about a building then they do about what happened. Nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody regardless of color or race, I've talked to about what happened say it was anything other than basically straight up murder, unjustified and wrong and the dude should be in prison and suffer the consequences of his action. He's a POS. But the looting and burning of buildings/businesses that had nothing to do with it clouds the message because then all anyone sees on the news is the looting of a target/GameStop/whatever and it clouds and obscures the reason for the legitimate message the protesters and majority of the rest of the world feel about the injustice that was done. I can't speak to his point of view (Cole Tuckers) , I'm not him or anyone else on this forum so I can't say what someone has or hasn't experienced in their life or what they should feel because it's different for everyone. But to me, to say people care more about a burning building than what happened is very ignorant, you have the right to feel that way but the vast majority of people will also agree burning and looting a Target isn't going to fix anything for anyone, it's people out doing these things for free stuff and it can overshadow the real and justifiable anger and protests most of us feel

SDS

Don't forget: protesting "the right way" has fallen on deaf ears for decades. Wasn't even that long ago that Olympic gold medals were stripped because two dudes protested in probably the most peaceful way imaginable. You can throw Kaepernick in that category, too.

Sorry it's inconvenient for you to see buildings burn on TV. It's decidedly more convenient than being treated with aggression by police based on nothing more than your skin tone.

Our refusal to listen, empathize, and evolve as a society is what forced radical action. Don't let the news tell you otherwise. Own it.

SDS

@LankyRyan said in “I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker:

Wasn't even that long ago that Olympic gold medals were stripped because two dudes protested in probably the most peaceful way imaginable

Neither Tommy Smith's nor John Carlos's medals were stripped. Try again.

SDS

@SaveFarris said in “I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker:

@LankyRyan said in “I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker:

Wasn't even that long ago that Olympic gold medals were stripped because two dudes protested in probably the most peaceful way imaginable

I wasn't even talking about them. I was talking about Wayne Collett and Vincent Matthews. Their medals weren't stripped, but they were banned for life by the IOC.

Regardless, it's indefensible how both pairs were treated and it wasn't that long ago. Which was my entire point.

SDS

@SaveFarris said in “I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker:

This man is correct. They were not stripped but they were pretty much blackballed.

SDS

@baboonishace said in “I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker:

@Kovz88 said in “I wish America cared about black folks as much as they care about buildings.” -Cole Tucker:

I respectfully disagree with this, it's not that people care more about a building then they do about what happened. Nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody regardless of color or race, I've talked to about what happened say it was anything other than basically straight up murder, unjustified and wrong and the dude should be in prison and suffer the consequences of his action. He's a POS. But the looting and burning of buildings/businesses that had nothing to do with it clouds the message because then all anyone sees on the news is the looting of a target/GameStop/whatever and it clouds and obscures the reason for the legitimate message the protesters and majority of the rest of the world feel about the injustice that was done. I can't speak to his point of view (Cole Tuckers) , I'm not him or anyone else on this forum so I can't say what someone has or hasn't experienced in their life or what they should feel because it's different for everyone. But to me, to say people care more about a burning building than what happened is very ignorant, you have the right to feel that way but the vast majority of people will also agree burning and looting a Target isn't going to fix anything for anyone, it's people out doing these things for free stuff and it can overshadow the real and justifiable anger and protests most of us feel

It is not ignorant at all to say that. Just look at the news coverage. They barely show any police violence against peaceful protesters but play clip after clip of looters and vandals, who have nothing to do with the movement, acting like they are all one and the same. And speaking of which where are all the cops in those looting footage? Oh that's right they're busy beating the skulls in of unarmed peaceful protesters.

SDS

"But don't all races live and work in those buildings" -My biracial twelve year old cousin...

SDS
This post is deleted!
SDS
This post is deleted!