George foster

SDS

Looking for a new leftfielder and foster seems like a good relatively affordable option. Anyone have any reviews on him? How’s his swing?

SDS

His swing worked well for me..hit right over .400 in like 60 or so online abs. But his defense got me 3 or 4 times so I had to pull him. His D doesnt look that bad on his card, but at least for me, it was brutal.

SDS

I like Dylon Carlson better.... switch hitting helps..

I tried a few games with Foster, and he didn't play that well for me.

SDS

@DUCEDUBS24 said in George foster:

His swing worked well for me..hit right over .400 in like 60 or so online abs. But his defense got me 3 or 4 times so I had to pull him. His D doesnt look that bad on his card, but at least for me, it was brutal.

Honestly didn’t think his defense would be awful Based on his attributes but i feel like defense in general this year is a total crapshoot.

Was really curious about his swing since he’s a new card this year and not a super popular name. Have yet to run into anyone using him Online

SDS

@CHOW88 said in George foster:

I had some pretty good success with his prospect card early in the year. His future stars card looks really well rounded too. No real deficiencies. Maybe I’ll try him out

SDS

@CHOW88 said in George foster:

I wanted to love Carlson. Cards fan, he’s a switch hitter with great offensive ratings and his defense is really solid. Alas, I could not generate any power with him. Hit for high average and a lot of doubles but I think i homered with him once in 20+ games. He had warning track power for me.

I’d like to try him again. I got Dawson and put him in CF where Carlson was. Dawson has been amazing. But that Carlson card still intrigues new. Too pricey for a bench bat though.

SDS

@KarlHungus61 said in George foster:

Honestly didn’t think his defense would be awful Based on his attributes but i feel like defense in general this year is a total crapshoot.

Was really curious about his swing since he’s a new card this year and not a super popular name. Have yet to run into anyone using him Online

Nah, trust me what @DUCEDUBS24 said, I've experienced this too. I used him last season in RS and his fielding animations were absolutely brutal the entire season. Just a FYI that he seems prone to horrible animations.

Edit: To answer your question I think his swing is really solid, you shouldn't have a problem offensively. His exit velos were consistent for me, I hope the same for you if you try

SDS

@Jeviduty said in George foster:

@KarlHungus61 said in George foster:

Nah, trust me what @DUCEDUBS24 said, I've experienced this too. I used him last season in RS and his fielding animations were absolutely brutal the entire season. Just a FYI that he seems prone to horrible animations.

Edit: To answer your question I think his swing is really solid, you shouldn't have a problem offensively. His exit velos were consistent for me, I hope the same for you if you try

Ok I appreciate the feedback. Might have to look at Carlson or another option if fosters defense is that bad

SDS

What’s your outfield looking like?

SDS

I haven't used the FS Carlson, but if it's too pricey, the prospect one is collect reward for the diamond prospects,9 I think, and he's smashed for me, .417 avg lots of xbh a few hrs, since I haven't done STL inning yet those are mostly the vs cpu on AS missions.

SDS

I’ve got potm belli in center and walker in right. I had hrd cespedes in left but it just didn’t seem like the ball jumped off his bat for me. I’ve got Minnie at 3rd so I guess I could move back to left and find a 3rd baseman