Who has been your personal Achilles Heel when playing against?

SDS

Mine as a hitter is Ichiro. No matter who uses him, he always gets on base for them & is a nightmare for me with his Base running on stuff hit into the OF. Even when tagging up, many will try taking 2 bases at once & succeeds in doing so 50% of the time.

As a pitcher I hate facing SS Seaver. I feel his delivery is the most deceptive of all pitchers & by the time i could read whats coming & if it will be Fastball or breaking ball & if will be a borderline strike or a ball, it's to late for me, if I swing, it's either too early or too late resulting in a strike out & if I take it just barely hits the zone & K's me no matter what.

Would love to know which are the cards that burns you the most when facing against them.

SDS

Try setting outfield in always on Ichiro. It helped me eliminate a lot of his hits.

SDS

@theBlindRhino said in Who has been your personal Achilles Heel when playing against?:

Try setting outfield in always on Ichiro. It helped me eliminate a lot of his hits.

"Set my outfield always on Ichiro" ...... What does that even mean? Can you please elaborate?

SDS

Adam Wainwright and similar pitchers, that sinker destroys me.

SDS

@TonyTheTiger2k16 said in Who has been your personal Achilles Heel when playing against?:

@theBlindRhino said in Who has been your personal Achilles Heel when playing against?:

"Set my outfield always on Ichiro" ...... What does that even mean? Can you please elaborate?

Always set your outfielders shallow. There is a way to do it during first at bat so that every time he comes up they will default to shallow. This eliminates a lot of his hits.

SDS

@eatyum said in Who has been your personal Achilles Heel when playing against?:

Adam Wainwright and similar pitchers, that sinker destroys me.

Sinkers, dropping Change Ups, 12-6's, & Splitters always get me for the K when count is full & I swear I will be thrown a strike just for not being walked & i'm already committed to timing my swing to something in the zone & BOOM!!!!!! It's way below the zone & under my swing. Big time embarrassing strike out. LMAO

SDS

Arenado is one I can't hit with, but he's batting .750 against me, easily. And I swear it's embarrassing, at this point what Nolan Ryan does to me.

SDS

@MrGamebred said in Who has been your personal Achilles Heel when playing against?:

Arenado is one I can't hit with, but he's batting .750 against me, easily. And I swear it's embarrassing, at this point what Nolan Ryan does to me.

Pending who is using Nolan Ryan, i could either do great or do horrible against him. His FB is easy to pick up & square upon within the zone. but not his breaking stuff because it hard to read it's trajectory & square up on it. So those using Nolan & relying more with FB on most pitches because they don't trust his breaking stuff for strikes when needed most due to his lower control stats for a 99 Diamond. I hit very well. But those who know how to master his breaking stuff just kills me with K after K & weak grounders & pop ups. So it varies with who is using him & how. I personally have Nolan within my rotation & do well with him pitching. BUT I NEVER RELY on his breaking stuff for a strike once a hitter is 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2, unless he already showed me he chases stuff outside of the zone.

SDS

@TonyTheTiger2k16 said in Who has been your personal Achilles Heel when playing against?:

@MrGamebred said in Who has been your personal Achilles Heel when playing against?:

Pending who is using Nolan Ryan, i could either do great or do horrible against him. His FB is easy to pick up & square upon within the zone. but not his breaking stuff because it hard to read it's trajectory & square up on it. So those using Nolan & relying more with FB on most pitches because they don't trust his breaking stuff for strikes when needed most due to his lower control stats for a 99 Diamond. I hit very well. But those who know how to master his breaking stuff just kills me with K after K & weak grounders & pop ups. So it varies with who is using him & how. I personally have Nolan within my rotation & do well with him pitching. BUT I NEVER RELY on his breaking stuff for a strike once a hitter is 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2, unless he already showed me he chases stuff outside of the zone.

Exactly. If they even a little bit know what they're doing, I feel lost, so I just take as many pitches as I can to catch on to how they pitch.

SDS

Errors, defensive miscues, PCI RNG, and the hidden handicap that manufactures comebacks.

SDS

frank Thomas is batting close to 1000 against me. I'd say over 50% of the hits are Homers. I feel like I should start walking him lol.

SDS

I can't get finest Yelich out it's infuriating lol. I mean it makes sense he's a monster, but anyone that uses him somehow has the eye of an eagle and when they swing the exit velo is crazy.

SDS

I can not hit Finest Scherzer and I have no idea why

SDS

As I’ve put on every one of these threads, Whitey frickin Ford. I dread him more than anyone

SDS

@Dino-might_not said in Who has been your personal Achilles Heel when playing against?:

As I’ve put on every one of these threads, Whitey frickin Ford. I dread him more than anyone

Man! I got obliterated every time I used him

SDS

You can’t play shallow on 99 ichiro, he has higher power then his 93 card

SDS

Mine as a hitter is Ichiro. No matter who uses him, he always gets on base for them & is a nightmare for me with his Base running on stuff hit into the OF. Even when tagging up, many will try taking 2 bases at once & succeeds in doing so 50% of the time.

As a pitcher I hate facing SS Seaver. I feel his delivery is the most deceptive of all pitchers & by the time i could read whats coming & if it will be Fastball or breaking ball & if will be a borderline strike or a ball, it's to late for me, if I swing, it's either too early or too late resulting in a strike out & if I take it just barely hits the zone & K's me no matter what.

Would love to know which are the cards that burns you the most when facing against them.

SS Joe Morgan, I'm pretty sure he's batting .800 against me. I know for a fact he's hit 7 HR's against me and has probably 20 RBI'S as well. He's even hit 2 of those HR's in one game against me. But I use him and he's completely trash for me. 😞
I hate Joe Morgan!

SDS

Billy Wagner. Nolan I have learned to hit better against. The same for Kershaw. Seen them enough times. But I don't always see Wagner so when I do I have trouble with his heater follower by change of speeds. I hate that card but also respect it at the same time.

SDS

Seaver is tough.
Hitter wise, any directional hitter at All star. They can’t hit n strikes out over 10x but pitch leaked down the middle gonzo

SDS

Ryan, Kershaw and Wood hate facing them...…… as for pitching against Finest Grandal guaranteed dinger and SS Griffey JR