Billy Wagner

SDS

Can't wait for the Sig Series (or Prime) of Billy Wagner. Need another big shutdown Lefty to go along with Chapman in the 'pen.

SDS

Well...No "Buy Now" orders and 23 "Sell Now" at 1,000,000 stubs. I guess no Billy Wagner for me this year!

SDS

@dap1234567890 said in Billy Wagner:

Well...No "Buy Now" orders and 23 "Sell Now" at 1,000,000 stubs. I guess no Billy Wagner for me this year!

Tbh he sucks. Had him, got rocked. Faced him, rocked him.

SDS

@Ikasnu said in Billy Wagner:

I am gonna guess that is a very small sample size. Cuz that little F***** is darn near unhittable.

SDS

@ChuckCLC said in Billy Wagner:

I am gonna guess that is a very small sample size. Cuz that little F***** is darn near unhittable.

It's all subjective imo. I find him hard to hit as well, but often times when I use him he gets rocked. I've had more success with Jake McGee.

SDS

@raesONE said in Billy Wagner:

It's all subjective imo. I find him hard to hit as well, but often times when I use him he gets rocked. I've had more success with Jake McGee.

True, like Chapman. He has alawys been meat to me and a lot of people. Such a long delivery and easy to pick up.

SDS

I've had more success with 99 Wagner than any other reliever this year, and not even Chapman comes close to his strikeout rate.

SDS

I'm still rocking Wagner's other card in my bullpen. I recently got SS Chapman and replaced that Wagner card as my closer but might go back to Wagner soon. I've already blown a save and have given up a few other runs with that Chapman card. Very small sample size so I'm not giving up on Chapman yet but Wagner has been nearly unhittable for me a large chunk of this game since I got it early on. I'd love to try his SS card but not a million stubs worth of love yet. At some point once I have enough stubs than I know what to do with it but I'm not there yet.

SDS

No, I just suck at HoF so its 1 game HoF and back to AS for 1 game then back to HoF for 1 game then back to AS for 1 game then back to HoF... You get it.

SDS

Put my $1M in today to get in line for Wagner. No player is worth that much but with ~$3M in stubs at this point there is no point to hold them I guess since its not like the downside here is anything more than the tax I'd lose if I ultimately didn't want him.

Don't see that happening though as a Bullpen of (L) Wagner, Chapman, Crochet & (R) Jansen, Gossage, Rivera, Gagne, etc is kinda ridiculous. I've started going the opener route in RS and Events with a lot of success and with so many SPs I've been using them for only 3 IP at a time and often multiple per game. While they lose energy, if I have 10 SPs I feel ok about I think I'm better off not letting the opponent see the same guy for more than a few innings and better leveraging the bench when the P spots comes up to hit.