Bagwell or Thome

SDS

Looking at both of these guys. Is there one that anyone would recommend over the other?

SDS

I would say Thome, but I am partial to lefty hitters.

SDS

I don't like either one of them. If I had to choose, I'd go with Thome because he's a lefty bat.

SDS

Thome by a mile

SDS

Thome - and don’t think it’s super close. Bagwell has always felt kinda weird at the plate. I love thome - Babe will be moving him to the bench soon, but I see him as my LH PH for the year.

SDS

Bagwell easily.

Defense and speed help not clog up the base paths.

They fixed his swing, because I'm hitting everything, everywhere with him this year.

SDS

Killebrew

SDS

I platoon with both of these guys and I hit for better average with Bagwell, but more power with Thome. If you're only going to get one I would suggest Bags since he hits both lefties and righties well and also has decent speed and gold fielding.

SDS

@AlbinoWaffles said in Bagwell or Thome:

I platoon with both of these guys and I hit for better average with Bagwell, but more power with Thome. If you're only going to get one I would suggest Bags since he hits both lefties and righties well and also has decent speed and gold fielding.

They really did a number on Bagwell. He hits so much better than the last 4 years. I used to have to platoon, or just bench him. AS, HOF, lefty, righty. Doesn't matter. Gap shots ripped singles up the middle, power to the left and right bleachers. Just a great card all around this year.

SDS

Edge to Thome, lefty with 3rd base eligibility. But Bagwell has better defense and speed. So it depends how you build your team. I keep going back to Bellinger at first because of lefty and speed.

SDS

Between these 2 I'd say Thome but I also recommend 98 Pete Alonso. He rakes for me even against RHP.

SDS

I have prestige thome so far he 0/8...

SDS

Thome hits em a mile

SDS

@Malikeve said in Bagwell or Thome:

I have prestige thome so far he 0/8...

0 for 8? Should probably give up on him

SDS

@hoboadam said in Bagwell or Thome:

@AlbinoWaffles said in Bagwell or Thome:

They really did a number on Bagwell. He hits so much better than the last 4 years. I used to have to platoon, or just bench him. AS, HOF, lefty, righty. Doesn't matter. Gap shots ripped singles up the middle, power to the left and right bleachers. Just a great card all around this year.

I agree, and I don’t think many people know how good Bagwell is because there’s so many choices at 1B. If you need a righty 1B for whatever reason, he’s the guy (until gold glove frank Thomas drops Friday)

SDS

Thome is pretty good