Catch the market when they're doing updates and cha-ching!

SDS

Was buying some cards for the Awards collection and decided to flip a couple Daniel Murphy cards Then something weird happened when I was flipping a few. The market for this card literally got cleared out and then new listings were being placed and then bought/sold immediately.

My theory is that the admins were resetting the market for Murphy and I just happened to be in there at the right time. I put a couple buy orders for cheap and sold some as high as 69999 ... this happened exactly 2 hrs after the daily reset.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I took a screenshot - check it out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfRdenJWkAErGGM?format=jpg&name=large

SDS

There is no such thing as "resetting" the market.

SDS

I've seen this happen a few times, all the buy and sell orders disappear and then new listings come up in the space of a few minutes. I'm pretty sure this is the game doing some kind of reset. How else are the prices on the 3-pack selections so stable on the 3 cards being offered? Look at the pic I posted, how else would i sell a Daniel Murphy for 69,999 ..

SDS

@Fever905 said in Catch the market when they're doing updates and cha-ching!:

I've seen this happen a few times, all the buy and sell orders disappear and then new listings come up in the space of a few minutes. I'm pretty sure this is the game doing some kind of reset. How else are the prices on the 3-pack selections so stable on the 3 cards being offered? Look at the pic I posted, how else would i sell a Daniel Murphy for 69,999 ..

Because sometimes people try to transfer stubs by buying up all of a card so they can buy the one they want to transfer to for an exorbitant amount.

It's against ToS, but for some reason some people still do it

SDS

Ah well they must have been pissed that I got a couple sales in. Why wouldn't they pick a less active card .. like something not part of a collection... What's really weird is that after about 10 mins it went right back to the way it was before.