I was about to sell Nolan Ryan and then....

SDS

He threw a no hitter through 9 innings... it WAS on all star ill admit that but honestly if you pitch him right he can be VERY effective! so through 2 Starts for me he has 15 innings pitched with just 1 ER and 16 SOs ! small sample size but if you can figure out what pitches work and the control aspect hes pretty good!

SDS

It all depends on who you match up with.

SDS

If you match up with a guy who is a very good hitter and can turn on the fastball, he will get lit up. I don't think his other pitches are big movement but I could be wrong. I took Hornsby in that pack

SDS

I have Ryan and have done great for him. I need SP/RP help more than hitters right now especially with a free 99 Babe Ruth almost on my team and 99 Trout who I haven't used in real games yet because of the BR moments.

SDS

@Rabid55Wolverine said in I was about to sell Nolan Ryan and then....:

If you match up with a guy who is a very good hitter and can turn on the fastball, he will get lit up. I don't think his other pitches are big movement but I could be wrong. I took Hornsby in that pack

yeah i agree with you, but i think with the speed difference if you mix them well i promise it works well! not saying he wont ever get lit up but hes better than youd think if you use him well.

SDS

Ryan has been great in moments so far for me, but I haven't played RS since I got him. I just been playing through the all timers games with him. I do better with him in the moments than I do my other guys and my other guys are all under 3.0 era online