Half-way thru HOF Babe Ruth Moments...Thoughts so far

SDS

I started playing HOF consistently recently and decided to go thru the HOF Moments for the "All-Timers Moments" first while I'm in the "HOF mode" and then take care of the AS stuff later.

So far, I've beaten the AL 2-0 & NL 2-0, AL East 6-4, Al Central 6-0 and found it interesting that my best offensive output was against the MLB All-Times Squad...won 13-5 and knocked Kluber out in the 3rd Inning! Hardest SP so far was Greg Maddux and Mike Scott. With Maddux, couldn't get myself to consistently get underneath his Sinker/Changeup and Scott's Splitter I couldn't pick up on. Fortunately beat both games 2-0 thanks to my dominant pitching staff.

It's been exciting and I'm looking forward to grinding through the rest to get "The Babe!"

SDS

@Catman9186 said in Half-way thru HOF Babe Ruth Moments...Thoughts so far:

I started playing HOF consistently recently and decided to go thru the HOF Moments for the "All-Timers Moments" first and then take care of the AS stuff later.

So far, I've beaten the AL & NL and MLB All-Times as well as AL East and AL Central. Found it interesting that my best offensive output was against the MLB All-Timers Squad...won 13-5 and knocked Kluber out in the 3rd Inning! Hardest SP so far was Greg Maddux and Mike Scott. With Maddux, couldn't get myself to consistently get underneath his Sinker/Changeup and Scott's Splitter I couldn't pick up on. Fortunately beat both games 2-0 thanks to my dominant pitching staff.

It's been exciting and I'm looking forward to grinding through the rest to get "The Babe!"

Yeah I had a hard time vs Scott.

SDS

For some reason the Nate Jones from the White Sox with his funky delivery gave me fits. I just couldn't pick up the ball out of his hand.
I got him eventually, but he had me flustered for a minute there.

SDS

I actually found the HOF games much easier than the allstar ones. Mike Scott was the toughest of the HOF ones for sure. His splitter is tough to lay off

SDS

@ItsaCanesthing said in Half-way thru HOF Babe Ruth Moments...Thoughts so far:

For some reason the Nate Jones from the White Sox with his funky delivery gave me fits. I just couldn't pick up the ball out of his hand.

Same here. I made Nate Jones look like a Hall of Famer for two games before I won that one.

SDS

Same here. I made Nate Jones look like a Hall of Famer for two games before I won that one.

At least I am not alone. That dude was filthy.
Oh, and Kerry Woods seemed to have some extra giddy up on his pitches. I beat the Cubs but it was after they brought in Kimbrel. Woods was filthy.

SDS

@KommanderNKeef9 said in Half-way thru HOF Babe Ruth Moments...Thoughts so far:

When does Nate Jones show up? NL Central since he's a Red now?

SDS

For Scott just take pitches. Against me he walked the ballpark. The splitter was always low the fastball high

SDS

@KommanderNKeef9 said in Half-way thru HOF Babe Ruth Moments...Thoughts so far:

When does Nate Jones show up? NL Central since he's a Red now?

White Sox Moment

SDS

I started playing HOF consistently recently and decided to go thru the HOF Moments for the "All-Timers Moments" first and then take care of the AS stuff later.

So far, I've beaten the AL & NL and MLB All-Times as well as AL East and AL Central. Found it interesting that my best offensive output was against the MLB All-Timers Squad...won 13-5 and knocked Kluber out in the 3rd Inning! Hardest SP so far was Greg Maddux and Mike Scott. With Maddux, couldn't get myself to consistently get underneath his Sinker/Changeup and Scott's Splitter I couldn't pick up on. Fortunately beat both games 2-0 thanks to my dominant pitching staff.

nice budy i hear you the final game was way too easy ive been having a hard time with the random AS ones - magically too they always seem to tie it with 3-2 counts against me, to then drag the game on to another 3-4 innings overtime blow my bag SDS

SDS

Guys with large Variance between FB and off Speed are the most difficult to me. And good Change up. A change up or splitter that doesn't arc so it looks like a fastball and just drops off the table gives me fits. I actually have been hitting the HOF guys better than the AS guys. Thought I was gonna be screwed after finishing the AS level. Did take a 6th inning bomb from Trout to beat Newhouser though.

SDS

@GixxerRyder750 said in Half-way thru HOF Babe Ruth Moments...Thoughts so far:

So far, I've beaten the AL & NL and MLB All-Times as well as AL East and AL Central. Found it interesting that my best offensive output was against the MLB All-

Guys with large Variance between FB and off Speed are the most difficult to me. And good Change up. A change up or splitter that doesn't arc so it looks like a fastball and just drops off the table gives me fits. I actually have been hitting the HOF guys better than the AS guys. Thought I was gonna be screwed after finishing the AS level. Did take a 6th inning bomb from Trout to beat Newhouser though.

Funny you mention Trout, cus I feel like he's even better on HOF. Been hitting bombs with him!! He's typically responsible for my first run in these HOF moments.

SDS

I like the HOF moments better too. I don't know if it's just something with my connection or if it's common, but I like how on HOF, when you hit it, you see where the ball is going for a second in the hitting view, before it switches to the base running view. On AS for me, when I make contact, the screen goes black for a split second, then it switches to base running view. It just seems like a smoother transition on HOF. Everything seems a bit smoother

SDS

Oh, and Kerry Woods seemed to have some extra giddy up on his pitches. I beat the Cubs but it was after they brought in Kimbrel. Woods was filthy.

I have not faced the Woods yet, I did all the AL All star games Only had to replay one of those games. I have 3 or 4 HOF games done including the 9 inning game. I should be able to finished that this weekend.

SDS

@dbarmonstar said in Half-way thru HOF Babe Ruth Moments...Thoughts so far:

I have not faced the Woods yet, I did all the AL All star games Only had to replay one of those games. I have 3 or 4 HOF games done including the 9 inning game. I should be able to finished that this weekend.

They are fun.
I only have one game left.
I left the best team for last - All Time Marlins

SDS

They were very rewarding, I ended up pulling trout from the packs so I loved them lol.
But also, I heard someone say this yesterday, these moments were so helpful with my patience at the plate and even my range with the PCI. It has so far translated very well in the HOF event.

SDS

It feels so good to finish them, keep at it!

SDS

They are fun.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Marlins give me trouble. For some reason they always are the thorn in my side.

SDS

I maybe am doing them wrong, I've started with the AS moments, got the AL done, got 5 wins last night, so I have the NL East done. 5 more wins and Hoffman is mine. As odd as it sounds Hoffman and Seaver are the 2 cards I want the most, don't know where I'll play Babe.

And yes, out of the 20 teams so far, the Marlins gave me the most trouble by far. Why I don't know, but it is always that way with them.

SDS

They are fun.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Marlins give me trouble. For some reason they always are the thorn in my side.

The Marlins are by FAR the greatest Franchise in MLB History!!!
No Bias 😉