How to get less lag from online?

SDS

How can I get a clean good crisp gameplay online without a monitor? When I’m hitting it looks like the ball is lagging which makes it hard to pick up and when I’m pitching it’s hard to get a perfect release. Is it my display area settings? Do I lower my resolution to reduce that bit of lag? It sucks because some games while even in minor league stadiums, I have laggy gameplay.

SDS

@SVTJOEY760 said in How to get less lag from online?:

How can I get a clean good crisp gameplay online without a monitor? When I’m hitting it looks like the ball is lagging which makes it hard to pick up and when I’m pitching it’s hard to get a perfect release. Is it my display area settings? Do I lower my resolution to reduce that bit of lag? It sucks because some games while even in minor league stadiums, I have laggy gameplay.

Whats your connection numbers?

SDS

@DarthKDog09 said in How to get less lag from online?:

@SVTJOEY760 said in How to get less lag from online?:

Whats your connection numbers?

Interested in hearing what would be good "connection numbers" according to you.

SDS

It’s unfair and unfortunate that it’s like this, but If you stop playing away games you’ll notice half your problems disappear.

Edit: just to throw this in there too, a decent monitor is less than $200, and if you play your PS4 for even an hour or so a day, it’s more than worth it. You’ll really hate yourself for not getting one sooner if you ever make the jump and play on one.

SDS

your playstastion should run at about 12 MBPS P/s down and about 3-4 MBPS p/s Up

SDS

@Aussie392 said in How to get less lag from online?:

your playstastion should run at about 12 MBPS P/s down and about 3-4 MBPS p/s Up

Yeah, that's more than enough but a lot of people don't get that. The main issues in lag are connection stability, ping and bufferbloat. Speed matters but a ps4 doesn't needs much to operate properly.

SDS

@Rusty-_-Rod said in How to get less lag from online?:

Yeah, that's more than enough but a lot of people don't get that. The main issues in lag are connection stability, ping and bufferbloat. Speed matters but a ps4 doesn't needs much to operate properly.

He gets it. Download and upload speeds mean practically nothing.

SDS

@raesONE said in How to get less lag from online?:

@Rusty-_-Rod said in How to get less lag from online?:

He gets it. Download and upload speeds mean practically nothing.

This. I'm connected at 250-400mbps down and about 15-20 up and I get tons of lag and server disconnects.

SDS

The speed for your download and upload don’t matter. It’s your latency ping that does you can be getting 200-400 mbps, but if you’re getting a 60+ ping you’re gonna lag. The lower the ping the better. Ideal is like 10-30

SDS

Upstream and downstream numbers along with your snr is more important than speed numbers. If your on a monitor and have a good connection, you should have no issues.

SDS

Is there anything a person can do to improve their ping?

SDS

@vagimon said in How to get less lag from online?:

Is there anything a person can do to improve their ping?

It’s all about your provider, and your set up. If you’re on WiFi and not wired your ping is gonna take a hit. I pay for the top of the line internet from Comcast. And I had to have them come fix it because I wasn’t getting advertised speeds I went from a 90 ping to a 18 ping and my gaming life improved a lot... I’d say wire up your PS4 and call and see if you can get faster router. Gig speed is worth the extra money

SDS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323963413904

I also have one of these, it helps

SDS

A amplifier only helps if there’s something not right in your area and they need to boost the signal. I would never use one of those just because. It can cause you upstream and downstream to be way out of spec.