Any reviews on the walter johnson

SDS

? Just wonder how he is i know his wind up sucks lol

SDS

Since he’s practically the same card as last year (when I used him extensively) I’ll drop my review for you.

He’s a pitcher on the extremes, meaning he will either dominate or will get rocked. My ERA last year with him was 4.50 which isn’t too bad, but not great by any means. His release point makes his pitches more deceptive, but you won’t get away with bad pitches like you can with Kluber, Hershiser, and other top arms. His changeup is his best offspeed pitch because it’s hard to read at his angle. Low fastballs are your friend, makes the changeup much better.

Basically? He’s usable, but don’t expect an ace. If you’re up against bad players he will be one of the best, but against good players be prepared to watch hangers fly.

SDS

He has 99 durability!! Which now is even more important! 90 plus control on all 4 pitches! 99 break on his sinker! Plus he can hit! Only issue that slow [censored] windup! I think he might surprise alot of people and be way better than last year!!!

SDS

Even if Walter has good control, his long windup would ruined your control and throws the pitch down the middle. When I used him last year, it basically turns into homer in derby for my opponent. Can’t hit him last year for me tho, that’s another reason I don’t like this card lol.

SDS

@Spyacht said in Any reviews on the walter johnson:

Even if Walter has good control, his long windup would ruined your control and throws the pitch down the middle. When I used him last year, it basically turns into homer in derby for my opponent. Can’t hit him last year for me tho, that’s another reason I don’t like this card lol.

Just use pulse. Set it and forget it. Read a book, eat a hot pocket, fold your socks. Once your done, look up, bam...dot.