Another problem with moments

SDS

I’m so tired of hitting a ball deep into the outfield on these moments that require XBHs rounding first and sliding into second just as the ball gets back to the infield and then having the game tell me it was just a single. So tired of it. The developers need to have someone go back to the rules and see what a double actually is. And if they are too lazy here it is:

“A batter is credited with a double when he hits the ball into play and reaches second base without the help of an intervening error or attempt to put out another baserunner.”

SDS

I mean I would have to get the whole picture or a video to see this exact situation you are talking about. I’ve not once had this happen. It only ever gets called a single if I advance on the throw to another base or if there is an error in the outfield

SDS

@the_dragon1912 said in Another problem with moments:

I mean I would have to get the whole picture or a video to see this exact situation you are talking about. I’ve not once had this happen. It only ever gets called a single if I advance on the throw to another base or if there is an error in the outfield

Ive had it happen twice in the past day. Last time was on the mattingly moment just a few minutes ago. No runners on, hit it in the gap, stretched it into a double, outfielder threw the ball back into the cutoff guy who just held it. And no error was awarded. That’s a textbook double. Last night it happened on the tatis moment. Same thing, only he’s fast so it was just a slow grounder up the middle that I stretched into a double. Can’t remember who the outfielder threw the ball back in to but there was no error and no other runners on.

SDS

Was there a runner on when it happened? I think the logic behind it goes - If there is already a runner at second and they throw to third, then a double becomes a single and the runner reaches second on a fielders choice? That's what I figured. Just keep grinding. Im on my 10th time going against Mo in the 5th inning showdown and I can't seem to beat him.