7th Inning Showdown Pitchers

SDS

What is the point of drafting a starter and closer when every time I have to pitch they put in some bronze bullpen pitcher? Any suggestion on how to avoid this? I'm on the the third-to-last challenge and have not seen my starter or closer yet. Just this 64 bronze guy that I did not draft.

SDS

Seems like your third starter plays. Put your drafted SP in the third slot. Seems to work. Weird.

TdT

SDS

@TiedyeTrader said in 7th Inning Showdown Pitchers:

Seems like your third starter plays. Put your drafted SP in the third slot. Seems to work. Weird.

TdT

That worked. Thanks.
It's silly that I had to do that; it should automatically be you Ace, especially in Showdown.

SDS

I didn't even get to draft a pitcher on my First attempt at it. 2nd moment had to close out the White Sox w/ a common closer. Just finished the first Boss and am 5-0 on the mini-missions. Still haven't been given the option to select a pitcher. At first I was like cool, maybe i won't have to do any pitching moments. I've been lucky enough to get any multi inning moments done in my first AB, but I have a feeling the second batch, I'm not gonna be as lucky.

SDS

I didnt draft any pitchers. It worked out well as I only remember 1 mission where I needed to pitch.

SDS

@Serafim42-zaphod said in 7th Inning Showdown Pitchers:

What is the point of drafting a starter and closer when every time I have to pitch they put in some bronze bullpen pitcher? Any suggestion on how to avoid this? I'm on the the third-to-last challenge and have not seen my starter or closer yet. Just this 64 bronze guy that I did not draft.

Yeah I didn't get that either. I forgot who I drafted because it never put him in a game. Even when I looked to see who it was, mid moment, he wasn't even on my bench.

This was a pretty easy showdown, I beat it on the first try and I'm not very good. But my issue was that it gave me the same players or positions to pick from every time I beat a moment. I wanted to upgrade my catcher but it never gave me another catcher option besides Buster Posey LS. I already had Griffey, Harper, and Yastrzemski in the OF. It only ever gave me OFers to pick from and none were really an upgrade over any of them.