This video makes me hate some umpires

SDS

As a year round baseball player I hate umpires. I feel like they always make the bad call especially when I'm pitching lol

SDS

@Breadsticks21221 said in This video makes me hate some umpires:

As a year round baseball player I hate umpires. I feel like they always make the bad call especially when I'm pitching lol

Or is it that you can't pitch? ๐Ÿ™‚
I know that there job is tough, but sometimes they make THE WORST calls.

SDS

@jz2016cubs said in This video makes me hate some umpires:

Lol I hope I can pitch to 14 year olds. They hit some rockets back t you if you throw the ball down the middle. They do have a tough job but they miss some obvious calls that has cost my team games

SDS

Lol I hope I can pitch to 14 year olds. They hit some rockets back t you if you throw the ball down the middle. They do have a tough job but they miss some obvious calls that has cost my team games

I was pitching once, and it was hit back at me. I put my glove down to field it, and it ripped the glove off. ๐Ÿ™‚

SDS

For some reason I read that as vampires instead of umpires, and now Iโ€™m a little disappointed. I really wanted to know why you would hate some vampires and not others.

Itโ€™s been a long time since Iโ€™ve played organized baseball, but Iโ€™ve had a few horrible experiences with refs in fencing over the years. A ref not seeing an action and blowing a call is something I can live with (weโ€™re all human), but some just straight up donโ€™t know the rules and throw their weight around because they think theyโ€™re hot [censored].

SDS

I was pitching once, and it was hit back at me. I put my glove down to field it, and it ripped the glove off. ๐Ÿ™‚

When was this, little league? I got hit in the leg a week ago and have a bruise and can barely walk lol. 80-90 mph comebacker

SDS

When was this, little league? I got hit in the leg a week ago and have a bruise and can barely walk lol. 80-90 mph comebacker

YIKES. Yes

SDS

They desperately need an electronic strike zone. Watched a lot of baseball this year and the umpires are just bad behind the plate. Hopefully, the higher ups in baseball see it too. Saw Marwin Gonzalez strike out last night on a pitch a foot outside the zone.

SDS

Taking all bias out....was watching Cardinals-Cubs last night and the umpires were awful. Lots of strikes given on both sides that were way out of the zone. I gotta give credit to Wilson Contreras though....he's one of the best ive ever seen at pitch framing. Dude is a magician back there. Umps fell for a lot of his frames.

SDS

Was watching the Tigers-White Sox game on Monday night. Tigers are behind, Gonzales has the bases loaded with one out and Andrew Romine at the plate.

I think the count was 1-1 when the pitcher throws a changeup that's far inside. Ump calls it a STRIKE and the count goes to 0-2. Totally messed up his at-bat as he went down looking. That pitch was so far inside that it was like Angel Hernandez calling that trash a strike. The pitch wasn't even framed! Made absolutely no sense.

Anyone else see it?

SDS

To the OP, chill out dude, that's baseball.

SDS

I think anybody who has strong issues with officiating should try it sometime in a sanctioned environment, it can provide a rewarding and different perspective than you may be thinking.

I also find it interesting that quite a few are quick to criticize a bad call by yelling, but when we see a close play and scream, "No way! He was safe!" Then when we see the replay and the ump got the call right and the player was out, all we do is think quietly to ourselves, "huh, good call."

Tough, underappreciated job; though agree with Fencer about knowing the rulebook, not much sympathy there.