Anyone else's fielders have no urgency getting the ball in?

SDS

Only 2 games in to this event and both times I have had a diamond fielder pick up the ball and hold it for literally 2 or 3 seconds before they begin the motion to throw it in. And meanwhile the runner is rounding bases like it is going out of style. I have never experienced this amount of ineptitude in my outfield.

SDS

I've had trouble with that all year, but so far this event has not been fun.

First game I play against someone who was 47-4, I get two hits to start off the game, and bam freeze off.

Second game the person was a clown and refused to throw or catch the ball so I had to strikeout on purpose to end the game.

Third game I refused a friendly, so he proceeded to bunt dance, and when he wasn't bunt dancing, hold R2.

So yeah it's been an adventure

SDS

@Warpedzilla said in Anyone else's fielders have no urgency getting the ball in?:

Only 2 games in to this event and both times I have had a diamond fielder pick up the ball and hold it for literally 2 or 3 seconds before they begin the motion to throw it in. And meanwhile the runner is rounding bases like it is going out of style. I have never experienced this amount of ineptitude in my outfield.

Are you pre-loading your throws?

SDS

@PhatWhiteOwl said in Anyone else's fielders have no urgency getting the ball in?:

@Warpedzilla said in Anyone else's fielders have no urgency getting the ball in?:

Are you pre-loading your throws?

yessir

SDS

This is probably my most consistent frustration - outfielders with no sense of urgency throwing at runners advancing.

SDS

Fielder urgency hasn’t been where it should be IMO since I started playing DD.

They have the range that fielders can cover nailed pretty well but you’re right, when runners are advancing fielders still just don’t have as much urgency as irl.

Hopefully they can improve that in 21