Saves

SDS

I don’t understand how you get a save in this game, no matter what I do or who I put in or how many runs I’m up, some how the dumbest things always happen to me when I’m winning in the late innings and I lose... I don’t what it is, but at this point I don’t believe I can ever close anyone out... It always seems like my inputs don’t work and my fielders stop making basic plays... I can’t explain it.

SDS

So, I think, I'm not sure, but I think that there is something like a momentum meter that we can't see. I can't tell you how many times I'll be shut out, then I get in a situation and bunt, steal, bunt again or sac bunt, maybe double steal, then boom HR, or a gapper. Think of it as building momentum and each time you advance that meter fills just a bit. and the more full it is the more likely you are to have a better outcome.

Guys on here have described it as managing the game, or managing the disaster if you're the other guy. I have gotten better at recognizing these moments and dealing with them and I just cracked 700 for the 1st time. Maybe I'm wrong but it makes sense from a programming standpoint and honestly this is kind of a skill. So when people talk about the RNG I think they're really talking about this, it doesn't seem completely random... Though a random hit or HR can probably spark it off.

Just my theory, it would be nice to have some clarity on exactly what effects what. I've used this COD reference before but you can look up exactly how many bullets and how fast a particular gun fires, then you can see the effective range and calculate how many bullets at a given range a particular gun will need for a kill, shoulders up vs. head vs. lower body etc... So you can plan you're way around a map staying in you're effective range with, say, an AR while being out of the range of say, a SMG that does better closer.

With this game it's kind of a mystery of how different things effect other things, and they seem to tweak them constantly.

SDS

@Hubijerk said in Saves:

So, I think, I'm not sure, but I think that there is something like a momentum meter that we can't see. I can't tell you how many times I'll be shut out, then I get in a situation and bunt, steal, bunt again or sac bunt, maybe double steal, then boom HR, or a gapper. Think of it as building momentum and each time you advance that meter fills just a bit. and the more full it is the more likely you are to have a better outcome.

Guys on here have described it as managing the game, or managing the disaster if you're the other guy. I have gotten better at recognizing these moments and dealing with them and I just cracked 700 for the 1st time. Maybe I'm wrong but it makes sense from a programming standpoint and honestly this is kind of a skill. So when people talk about the RNG I think they're really talking about this, it doesn't seem completely random... Though a random hit or HR can probably spark it off.

Just my theory, it would be nice to have some clarity on exactly what effects what. I've used this COD reference before but you can look up exactly how many bullets and how fast a particular gun fires, then you can see the effective range and calculate how many bullets at a given range a particular gun will need for a kill, shoulders up vs. head vs. lower body etc... So you can plan you're way around a map staying in you're effective range with, say, an AR while being out of the range of say, a SMG that does better closer.

With this game it's kind of a mystery of how different things effect other things, and they seem to tweak them constantly.

You are describing the clutch rating.how it works and the amount of effect it has, no one knows, they said it did this but not anymore than that.

SDS

I should add that COD gets tweaked constantly too, but they have good build notes and let you know exactly what changed, that's also good for the streamers as they can break down the changes and how they effect strategy.

SDS

My main frustration isn’t with my opponents, often times we are around the same skill... It’s the fact my inputs and results never match... I’m hitting under .250 online, but it feels like I hit better than that, I often make good contact outs, I don’t know if I just have luck on my side or something.