Noob player, batting perplexity

SDS

Hi everyone, i'm a new player with a barely passable knowledge of baseball rules. So i'm still trying to find my bearings here. Especially while batting. I watched some tutorials here and there but i still find myself lacking control. What i mean is that when i'm pitching i have options at my disposal, sure i have to get the timing right but i can choose the speed, where to pitch, the type of throw and so on. While batting it seems i "just" have to get the timing right and pray. I wish i had more control like choosing to hit a weak ball but getting an high percentage of success in sending it where i want (more or less). What i miss is the same strategy level i have on the pitch. I know there are 3 different type of batting commands (power, standard, contact) but they all seems the same to me. Even directional input most of the times sends the ball the opposite way i'm selecting, event if the contact is good. So i'm stuck batting and praying the ball doesn't fly in the glove of a receiver for a double play... Is there something i'm missing to make batting more strategic and less dependant on precise timing?

SDS

That's kind of the game. You think even MLB guys are able to decide in a live game exactly where they are going to hit it? You can generally pick a side, or try to hit a fly ball... But it's not like tennis. And also most balls hit, even perfect contacts are outs in real life.

SDS

Use physics: outside to the opposite field, middle-in on pull side, get under the ball to lift it. Also, timing: late for oppo, early for pull.