97 Shane Bieber OR 97 Sonny Gray?

SDS

I need to upgrade a spot in my rotation, and both of their 97 Topps Now cards look affordable. Which pitcher do you all suggest, if I had to pick one?

They have the same control attribute rating at 88 each.
Gray's velocity is rated 9 points higher, though both of their 4 seams are listed at 93 mph, I think.
Bieber's stamina is rated 5 points higher.

Is the velocity advantage with Gray enough to overcome the stamina advantage that Bieber has, or the other way around?

Is stamina important enough that 5 stamina points more for Bieber could keep him from losing leads in later innings?

Any help and conversation about this would be appreciated!

SDS

their per 9 attributes are more important...

SDS

I’d probably go with Gray since I’ve always loved using his cards. Also his attributes and speed differentials seem a tad bit better which is good.

SDS

Gray takes years to throw a pitch. I would go biebs for that reason

SDS

@MattWild1 said in 97 Shane Bieber OR 97 Sonny Gray?:

I’d probably go with Gray since I’ve always loved using his cards. Also his attributes and speed differentials seem a tad bit better which is good.

Thank you for the feedback! Gray's card also has a 12-6 curveball, which I would probably enjoy using as well.

SDS

@flamexJD20 said in 97 Shane Bieber OR 97 Sonny Gray?:

Thank you! I read somewhere on this forum months ago that HR/9 doesn't matter as much online. Would you say that's true?

SDS

@BaseballWithBat5 said in 97 Shane Bieber OR 97 Sonny Gray?:

Thank you! I read somewhere on this forum months ago that HR/9 doesn't matter as much online. Would you say that's true?

That is true, HR/9 does not affect online play. K/9 and H/9 does affect PCI size of your opponent though,

SDS

@mrcityofwin said in 97 Shane Bieber OR 97 Sonny Gray?:

Gray takes years to throw a pitch. I would go biebs for that reason

Thank you. I may try their live series cards in a pitching practice session to see whose delivery I like better.

SDS

@eatyum said in 97 Shane Bieber OR 97 Sonny Gray?:

@BaseballWithBat5 said in 97 Shane Bieber OR 97 Sonny Gray?:

That is true, HR/9 does not affect online play. K/9 and H/9 does affect PCI size of your opponent though,

Okay, thank you so much. I wasn't sure on HR/9, but the K/9 and H/9 are going to make me think about the decision some more.

SDS

Baby baby baby ohhh

SDS

Gray is doing wonders for me at HOF

SDS

If you can live with Gray's slow windup he's probably the better option

SDS

In 14 innings across 2 starts in RS, I haven’t given up a run with Bieber yet. Both games in the 600’s I think. Not a lot of K’s though.

SDS

Bieber has really good control and you will actually finish the game in 2020. With Sonny, MLB 2021 will be out in stores.

SDS

I've been surprised by Biebs, You'd think with all his pitch speeds bunched together he wouldn't work but he does. I've used him a few times on AS and have not given up many runs, lots of weak contact.

SDS

Beibers junk is all almost the same speed. If u have the patience for Sonny Gray's slow wind-up up I'd say Gray all day

SDS

neither get that Mark buehrle card

SDS

If you use analog Gray is a nightmare with his windup.