Ranked Season match making

SDS

I crack 700 barely.... first game is against someone over 800.... I fall right back below 700.... why?

SDS

+7 - 2 / 0.5 x you lost genius?

SDS

@OceanBubbles000 said in Ranked Season match making:

Maaaaaath

SDS

Let me clarify. Because I realize how that question came across. I was clearly asking about match making and not how they give pts but anyways why am I facing someone over 800 when I just cracked 700?

SDS

On a side note, which is probably why my question was all jacked up, I was typing it after having giving up back to back home runs to a World Series banner 12-0 battle Royale icon guy on HOF. I prematurely ruled it a loss. 6 run bottom of the 8th and now I’m up 8-3 with one out in 9th and dudes pause timer is about to expire.

SDS

@jjsmith605 said in Ranked Season match making:

Let me clarify. Because I realize how that question came across. I was clearly asking about match making and not how they give pts but anyways why am I facing someone over 800 when I just cracked 700?

Because you let the matchmaking slider go too far right, you should have kept it all the way to the left.

SDS

Anyone in the 800s matched up against someone in the low 700s isn’t a “great player” - they’re just running their rating window to search for scrubs (no offense to you). The real issue is that you leapt from AS to HOF difficulty. This makes it a whole new game. If you hadn’t played on HOF recently and this was your first experience in a while, it wouldn’t matter what your opponents rating was, you’d fell behind all game long.

SDS

@jjsmith605 said in Ranked Season match making:

I crack 700 barely.... first game is against someone over 800.... I fall right back below 700.... why?

Were you on a 2-3 game winning streak or something?

SDS

@loshbomb said in Ranked Season match making:

Anyone in the 800s matched up against someone in the low 700s isn’t a “great player” - they’re just running their rating window to search for scrubs (no offense to you). The real issue is that you leapt from AS to HOF difficulty. This makes it a whole new game. If you hadn’t played on HOF recently and this was your first experience in a while, it wouldn’t matter what your opponents rating was, you’d fell behind all game long.

I've been matched up with new players Gold\Silver\Bronze team when I was in 800 so yes it's ridiculous.