Jim Palmer reviews

SDS

Thinking of picking him up for my weekend WS push. Anyone who’s used or faced him on HOF have any reviews?

SDS

He gets crushed by anyone decent. Just doesn't have the pitch mix necessary to be successful at that level.... imo

SDS

He may end up helping someone else's push for World Series...lol.

SDS

@brucey1005 said in Jim Palmer reviews:

He may end up helping someone else's push for World Series...lol.

This ^^^

SDS

No velo, no good pitches, that is a very strong no for me. Kerry Wood, hershiser, Leiter, and Hamels would be who I’d choose (you may have them tho)

SDS

OP you have ballz of steel if you do that my friend

SDS

Tried him out just the other day. He gets a no from me. Nothing special and no real out pitches. Check out MadBum if you haven’t already. Really solid and smooth as silk. I’m keeping him.

SDS

I loved his quick pitch animation, but it wasn't worth all the runs he was giving up; didn't seem like anyone had trouble picking up his pitches.

SDS

@olivegarden2 said in Jim Palmer reviews:

No velo, no good pitches, that is a very strong no for me. Kerry Wood, hershiser, Leiter, and Hamels would be who I’d choose (you may have them tho)

No Velo?? He throws 98 with a 71 mph curve. His fastball moves outside in. I am decent with him. I also have his prestige card. Try him out in another mode first.

SDS

@BlueLiner79 said in Jim Palmer reviews:

@olivegarden2 said in Jim Palmer reviews:

No Velo?? He throws 98 with a 71 mph curve. His fastball moves outside in. I am decent with him. I also have his prestige card. Try him out in another mode first.

It is 96 max on his prestige card so that isn’t possible...he isn’t good lol

SDS

I get it to 98 using meter all the way in the red.

SDS

@BlueLiner79 said in Jim Palmer reviews:

I get it to 98 using meter all the way in the red.

Then idk but he isn’t good for anyone I have heard from besides you 😂😂

SDS

Everyone has their preferences.

SDS

I love his smooth delivery and his changeup down is effective.

SDS

He is great for me 36 innings 1.25 era, I fool people with that 12-6 curve constantly

SDS

Found like all high rated pitchers...he is good against folks like me or worse, better than me crush him.

SDS

I’ve used his prestige in 3 RS starts, and that was enough for me to move on. As others mentioned, against a very good player, he’ll get shelled. Against an average player, he’s pretty good - his 2 seam and slider breaking opposite directions keeps most people off balance. His best pitch is his curve - that should tell you all you need to know about him.

SDS

Mixed results.......need to mix pitches well.....most people sit on the curve....tends to hang if you throw it too often.....if I use him it is 6 innings max....usually gets crushed 3rd time through the lineup