BR Draft

SDS

Whwn you draft your fram do you prefer that your Diamond/Gold picks are outfielders or infielders?

SDS

@AGENTSxOFxCHAOS said in BR Draft:

Whwn you draft your fram do you prefer that your Diamond/Gold picks are outfielders or infielders?

Um...I’m not exactly sure what you are asking but I prefer power at 1st and 3rd (usually silvers or golds) and middle infield I want decent fielders and hitters and the outfield I want hitting and speed. Catcher is an arm and power

SDS

What I am asking is if you are drafting a team, without needing certain stats for Dailys, do you prefer to go with an All Gold level outfield and draft only outfielders with your Gold rounds and then infielders with your Diamond/Silver rounds?

Me personally I like to have an outfield that is at least Gold Level defense; so if during a Gold round I have a choice between JD Martine or LS Bell (when he was Gold); I'd probably take Bell. If that makes sense.

Like if possible, I would take an outfiled of Cover Judge in RF, if my other two OFs were already Gold players, over a power hitting Gold Level furstbaseman.

I've even seen posts where people have used a Diamond round on a CP and 2 Gold rounds on a RH and LH Gold reliever.

Like do you try to have an OF of all Golds and an IF of Diamond Silvers; or would you throw a Diamond player in the OF, whose Primary position was OF and had Bronze or less fielding because their bat was strong?

SDS

This is a weird thread in some ways. You draft the best at the position regardless of what tier they are. Its a known fact that power rules in BR and some positions are very thin in that area. For instance say I have a option to take Hornsby or Frank Thomas, I’ll take Hornsby all day since there are so many great options at 1B even down to the silver tier compared to 2B.

SDS

@Hikes83 said in BR Draft:

This is a weird thread in some ways. You draft the best at the position regardless of what tier they are. Its a known fact that power rules in BR and some positions are very thin in that area. For instance say I have a option to take Hornsby or Frank Thomas, I’ll take Hornsby all day since there are so many great options at 1B even down to the silver tier compared to 2B.

You would take Awards Hornsby over Prime Thomas if they were in the same round? And what if you already picked up a 2nd basemen?

SDS

Absolutely! There are very few 2B without good power. I’d want to fill that position with a power bat as early as I can. If I already had a 2nd baseman, depends whats there.

FWIW, in my opinion, using a diamond on a 1B is a major waste. 1B is the deepest position for power

SDS

I’ve gone 8-0 twice but never 12-0 (in about a million entires), so I’m not exactly an expert. Still, I suggest drafting your big bats at C, SS, or 2B if at all possible. There are some really good silver and gold corner infielders and outfielders (and even some pretty decent bronzes), but the offense drops off quicker on positions that tend to value defense. I feel like you’re better off taking someone like Biggio over Thomas, for example, because your odds of getting a good 1B in a gold or silver round is much better than getting a really good silver or even gold catcher.