Fastballs

SDS

Any tips hitting fastballs? I'm extremely late every time. There is literally nothing I can touch at like 98 and higher.

SDS

You play on a TV or Monitor? If you play on a TV, make sure Game Mode is ON. If you are already doing this and still can't hit a fastball, switch to a monitor.
If you are already playing on a monitor and still can't a Fastball, there isn't anything or anyone that can help you... At that point, i suggest you close your eyes and swing hard in case you hit it.

SDS

It’s game to game, I’ll be killing them one game, the next late or early. It’s all about the lag due to the connection. Also a tv is not the best to play on

SDS

Ahhhhh yeahhh, stop playing sports games on a TV people.....get a monitor.

SDS

@MINISTRO787 said in Fastballs:

You play on a TV or Monitor? If you play on a TV, make sure Game Mode is ON. If you are already doing this and still can't hit a fastball, switch to a monitor.
If you are already playing on a monitor and still can't a Fastball, there isn't anything or anyone that can help you... At that point, i suggest you close your eyes and swing hard in case you hit it.

Lol well i'm screwed I just got a monitor and it's been a struggle

SDS

That's not good.

SDS

@STEVO651779652 said in Fastballs:

Lol well i'm screwed I just got a monitor and it's been a struggle

Spend some time in custom practice on legend against a fireballer, you should get used to it with time.

SDS

I've tried game mode on my TV but I didn't notice anything. Changed it back after an inning because it changed the colors a little and I didn't like that. I'm guessing Game mode wouldn't make it noticeably slower but I'm guessing it slows it down a little?

SDS

Really comes down to latency. I was lacing Newhauser earlier and I faced gilolito next and he looked like was pitching 100+.

SDS

@TheWise1-86 said in Fastballs:

I've tried game mode on my TV but I didn't notice anything. Changed it back after an inning because it changed the colors a little and I didn't like that. I'm guessing Game mode wouldn't make it noticeably slower but I'm guessing it slows it down a little?

It gives you that extra split second to pick up the ball. I have improved my hitting stats a fair bit since putting game mode on.

SDS

I went to a monitor and I am better, still not great, but that's because I still lack discipline.
Monitor is far better to play on.

SDS

@mrcityofwin said in Fastballs:

Really comes down to latency. I was lacing Newhauser earlier and I faced gilolito next and he looked like was pitching 100+.

Maybe it's not latency for giolito because the same thing happened to me. I couldn't touch his fastball. I couldn't tell if I was playing someone in the 600s or 700s.

SDS

@MikeForbes101 said in Fastballs:

@TheWise1-86 said in Fastballs:

It gives you that extra split second to pick up the ball. I have improved my hitting stats a fair bit since putting game mode on.

I'll give it a try for a few games. Thanks.