Bunting Tips?

SDS

I'm a noob when it comes to bunting, and I'm trying to but my first couple runners on as I'm doing the All-Timer moments.

I have absolutely have no idea what I'm doing, haha. With the right players I can let go of the triangle to take a pitch for a ball, but that's about how far my skill goes. The rest is just bunting and praying.

Is there a specific key to bunting well? I'm on the All-star mission against the Reds and this fireball-throwing lefty will not let me get on base. I got breakout Ty Cobb and he can't even bunt his way on.

How can I bunt best?

SDS

Push the right stick right before the pitch to steer your bunt towards the right side. I always wait for the pitch to come in and drag bunt at the time I would usually swing. Don't think it actually effects anything when bunting but I also move my left atick to where the ball is for my own peace of mind.

SDS

Push the right analog stick either (1) down and to the right if you want the bunt to go toward the 1b/2b direction or (2) down and toward the left if you want to bunt toward 3b.

You'll notice a slight vibration from your controller which will indicate that the direction has been set. (That's what was key in me figuring out how to bunt toward certain areas.)

SDS

@ICantHelpFalling said in Bunting Tips?:

Push the right analog stick either (1) down and to the right if you want the bunt to go toward the 1b/2b direction or (2) down and toward the left if you want to bunt toward 3b.

You'll notice a slight vibration from your controller which will indicate that the direction has been set. (That's what was key in me figuring out how to bunt toward certain areas.)

Ah, I have the vibration turned off for my controller. I've found more success in trying to bunt towards 1B/2B, that area between the pitcher and 1B, as usually they'll have a bunt defense shift with the third baseman from the get-go.

SDS

@Kovz88 said in Bunting Tips?:

Push the right stick right before the pitch to steer your bunt towards the right side. I always wait for the pitch to come in and drag bunt at the time I would usually swing. Don't think it actually effects anything when bunting but I also move my left atick to where the ball is for my own peace of mind.

I've been trying bunting with your suggestions but having no luck. I keep hitting it down the first base line, but I want it AWAY from the line.

Because I keep hitting it right along the line, and the first baseman keeps tagging me out.

SDS

@The_DoctorsWife said in Bunting Tips?:

@Kovz88 said in Bunting Tips?:

I've been trying bunting with your suggestions but having no luck. I keep hitting it down the first base line, but I want it AWAY from the line.

Because I keep hitting it right along the line, and the first baseman keeps tagging me out.

I would try to bunt a little earlier. The best spot is just out of the pitchers reach where it dies in front of the second baseman

SDS

Does drag bunting at the timing we swing or pointing down make a difference? The UI says just point left or right, and when I just hold bunt it just makes an easy out. Definitely bunting on a pitch high is a bad idea but man I can't bunt for [censored] no matter what