Manipulation

SDS

Playing the Alex Dickerson moment tonight, I noticed a bit of manipulation by SDS. Now, it’s not a huge deal and I beat the moment anyway, but it’s an example of the manipulation SDS will do behind the scenes on these moments.

I’m playing the Dickerson moment and the Rockies brought in Jake McGee in relief. As a Rockies fan, I say to myself, “Self, Jake McGee hasn’t been on the Rockies all season. Surely he wasn’t on the team during this game that the Dickerson moment is based on.” I wonder if they are just using the default roster from when the game was released. Nope, Kevin Pillar is in CF.

So I checked the Rockies bullpen and it’s got 3 left handlers in it (the Rockies real-life bullpen currently doesn’t have any LHP). So, they’re using the Rockies current lineup with Pillar and either the default bullpen or one they made up.

Of course, Dickerson hits left handed. So they have McGee (currently with the Dodgers), James Pazos (released, I believe) and Ben Bowden (Minors, who has never thrown a major league pitch for the Rockies) in the event bullpen. Hmmmm.

Anyway. That Bowden thing is another issue. When playing CPU, he’s always the first guy out of the Rockies pen. Except, he hasnt even played for the Rockies yet. He’s in their minor league system.

Get it right, SDS. And stop unnecessarily manipulating moments and showdown.

SDS

@bhall09 said in Manipulation:

Playing the Alex Dickerson moment tonight, I noticed a bit of manipulation by SDS. Now, it’s not a huge deal and I beat the moment anyway, but it’s an example of the manipulation SDS will do behind the scenes on these moments.

I’m playing the Dickerson moment and the Rockies brought in Jake McGee in relief. As a Rockies fan, I say to myself, “Self, Jake McGee hasn’t been on the Rockies all season. Surely he wasn’t on the team during this game that the Dickerson moment is based on.” I wonder if they are just using the default roster from when the game was released. Nope, Kevin Pillar is in CF.

So I checked the Rockies bullpen and it’s got 3 left handlers in it (the Rockies real-life bullpen currently doesn’t have any LHP). So, they’re using the Rockies current lineup with Pillar and either the default bullpen or one they made up.

Of course, Dickerson hits left handed. So they have McGee (currently with the Dodgers), James Pazos (released, I believe) and Ben Bowden (Minors, who has never thrown a major league pitch for the Rockies) in the event bullpen. Hmmmm.

Anyway. That Bowden thing is another issue. When playing CPU, he’s always the first guy out of the Rockies pen. Except, he hasnt even played for the Rockies yet. He’s in their minor league system.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, they do as they dam well please!!! No competitor in the market equals they can do whatever they want!

SDS

@mjfc_363 said in Manipulation:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, they do as they dam well please!!! No competitor in the market equals they can do whatever they want!

Lol, they can do whatever they want anyways its their game. What does that have to do with a competitor? Why does everyone think that anyone will be able to compete with the show?

Years ago there was mvp that everyone thought was amazing but it was also basic. There was no online or dd type mode. What sports game out there isn't like the show now? EA has screwed up every single game they have made, 2k is a mess online... I'm curious on why people think this would cause this game to all of a sudden change?

SDS

@Rabid55Wolverine said in Manipulation:

Lol, they can do whatever they want anyways its their game. What does that have to do with a competitor? Why does everyone think that anyone will be able to compete with the show?

Years ago there was mvp that everyone thought was amazing but it was also basic. There was no online or dd type mode. What sports game out there isn't like the show now? EA has screwed up every single game they have made, 2k is a mess online... I'm curious on why people think this would cause this game to all of a sudden change?

I don't necessarily think competitions means more modes or details like this thread being fixed. I don't think competition would mean cleaning up things like consistency in gameplay, better servers, and probably some updates to things like commentary. If there's legit competition they have to try harder than the other guys to get people to stick around.

SDS

@theu715 said in Manipulation:

@Rabid55Wolverine said in Manipulation:

I don't necessarily think competitions means more modes or details like this thread being fixed. I don't think competition would mean cleaning up things like consistency in gameplay, better servers, and probably some updates to things like commentary. If there's legit competition they have to try harder than the other guys to get people to stick around.

Exactly! Legit competition will probably result in them trying harder to fix the things that everyone complains about. That only makes sense. With no competitor, seems like their attitudes is one of “eh, we’ll get around to it eventually”.