Just About had a Heart Attack

SDS

Turned on my PS4 today and the message of “the database is corrupt. Restarting.” So I let it do its thing and restart so then I fired up The Show and same message

But thankfully, nothing was deleted and my DD team was untouched...should I be worried here or? Should I just restart my PS4 again? Never seen that message before.

Thanks for the advice in advance!

SDS

Nothing in DD is saved locally, everything is tied to your PSN on their servers.

SDS

So did some research online and it suggested I place my PS4 into safe mode and to select “rebuild database”. Should I do that or? I just restarted and it did like a quick 10 second rebuild

Just wanting to make sure I don’t [censored] up my PS4

SDS

@doobiebross66-72 said in Just About had a Heart Attack:

Turned on my PS4 today and the message of “the database is corrupt. Restarting.” So I let it do its thing and restart so then I fired up The Show and same message

But thankfully, nothing was deleted and my DD team was untouched...should I be worried here or? Should I just restart my PS4 again? Never seen that message before.

Thanks for the advice in advance!

that normally happens when you turn off your ps4 incorrectly, but you should not worry about the data...but you should be careful because your ps4 may get damaged.

SDS

So I turned it off as normal...holding the middle button and selecting to power off....came back about an hour later and got that message when I turned it back on

But I think I’m good. I restarted and it did a quick rebuild of like 10 seconds and everything seems fine

SDS

So I turned it off as normal...holding the middle button and selecting to power off....came back about an hour later and got that message when I turned it back on

But I think I’m good. I restarted and it did a quick rebuild of like 10 seconds and everything seems fine

Glad everything is fine. If you're worried about losing your saved data though, I'd recommend storing it in the PlayStation Plus cloud or using some kind of other storage device, just in case.

SDS

@The_DoctorsWife said in Just About had a Heart Attack:

Glad everything is fine. If you're worried about losing your saved data though, I'd recommend storing it in the PlayStation Plus cloud or using some kind of other storage device, just in case.

Was also considering this. My buddies have hard drives plugged into their PS4s for extra data and storage...may have to make a trip to Best Buy here soon lol

SDS

Well at least you dont have to worry about losing any online stuff, like this game and Diamond Dynasty. At worst you would just have to re download the games.

SDS

Dont worry OP, my power cord connected to my ps4 randomly disconnects which turns thr ps4 off. I get that message a lot but we are still kicking knocks on wood

SDS

So did some research online and it suggested I place my PS4 into safe mode and to select “rebuild database”. Should I do that or? I just restarted and it did like a quick 10 second rebuild

Just wanting to make sure I don’t [censored] up my PS4

I do this every other week. It's the same thing as clearing the cache pretty much.

SDS

@The_DoctorsWife said in Just About had a Heart Attack:

Was also considering this. My buddies have hard drives plugged into their PS4s for extra data and storage...may have to make a trip to Best Buy here soon lol

Ps5 will be out soon.