8th Inning Slump

SDS

It might be time to hang up the cleats. I beat the last five showdowns with no problem, but for some reason I just can't beat Kershaw. I know it's an easy showdown, but I'm 0 for 4 (or 5). Might be time to retire early.

SDS

@Serafim42-zaphod said in 8th Inning Slump:

It might be time to hang up the cleats. I beat the last five showdowns with no problem, but for some reason I just can't beat Kershaw. I know it's an easy showdown, but I'm 0 for 4 (or 5). Might be time to retire early.

Took me quite a few tries too. And i have very little trouble in showdown. It felt like they incorporated the Dead Ball event into showdown. Everything I hit was a weak fly out.

SDS

It took me nearly a week of trying it once or twice a day before I beat it. I kept getting to 15-14 and 15-15 too. It was very frustrating.

The Ian Anderson showdown tripped me up a couple times too. A quick double play and you are in trouble. I had one double play in which Cobb hit a soft liner to third and the runner at third stood still while the third baseman doubled him off.

Eventually I had a showdown in which I got up to 15-13 and skipped the Anderson showdown to be safe. I finally beat Kershaw, and the next day I played it again for some stubs and packs and beat it on the next try. Figures.

SDS

Kershaw is easy if you use the proper method. Two strike perk, patient on everything, don't swing unless it's right down the middle or you have two strikes.

I beat it first try and I'm terrible.

SDS

@chilltown76 said in 8th Inning Slump:

It took me nearly a week of trying it once or twice a day before I beat it. I kept getting to 15-14 and 15-15 too. It was very frustrating.

The Ian Anderson showdown tripped me up a couple times too. A quick double play and you are in trouble. I had one double play in which Cobb hit a soft liner to third and the runner at third stood still while the third baseman doubled him off.

Eventually I had a showdown in which I got up to 15-13 and skipped the Anderson showdown to be safe. I finally beat Kershaw, and the next day I played it again for some stubs and packs and beat it on the next try. Figures.

My last try was 15-15. 15-14 before that. I'm getting a lot of warning track outs. It has been frustrating but I will keep on trying. And after I lost the Anderson showdown the first time, I've been skipping it.

SDS

@GixxerRyder750 said in 8th Inning Slump:

@Serafim42-zaphod said in 8th Inning Slump:

Took me quite a few tries too. And i have very little trouble in showdown. It felt like they incorporated the Dead Ball event into showdown. Everything I hit was a weak fly out.

Me too! Tons of lazy flies to all fields. And when I get a hold of one? Warning track out. I will keep trying, though. Thanks.

SDS

@abbyspapa said in 8th Inning Slump:

Kershaw is easy if you use the proper method. Two strike perk, patient on everything, don't swing unless it's right down the middle or you have two strikes.

I beat it first try and I'm terrible.

Yea, thanks for the tip. I'm getting fooled by -- of all things -- his high fast ball. I am expecting it to drop into the zone as a change or curve... and it doesn't. I just have to lay off those.

SDS

Use ty Cobb as your only lefty, right handed the rest of the line up. I play it all the time just for the free cards. And I have started to despise ranked